January 16, 2018, 03:06:45 PM

Author Topic: Greetings from SW Florida!  (Read 1461 times)

TheDom

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Fort Myers Community Acupuncture
Greetings from SW Florida!
« on: July 20, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
Hi, just realized I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Dominic, an acupuncturist (though I prefer the term needle-monkey) from SW Florida! My wife and I are working on building our practice, and trying to kick ourselves in the ass hard and often enough to start putting out regular content. It's funny, sitting here typing and deleting and re-typing stuff in this simple "greetings" post has really helped me answer some of my own questions. It's almost like if I started blogging instead of thinking about doing it, it might get easier to do.  ;)

Looking forward to talking to y'all!

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
Re: Greetings from SW Florida!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
Welcome...  it is tough to post when you are starting out but you can do it.  Fact is, as Jack just mentioned on his show, no one is going to be looking at your blog when you are just starting out, so it is okay if you screw up and your posts aren't 100% perfect.

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »
Welcome...  it is tough to post when you are starting out but you can do it.  Fact is, as Jack just mentioned on his show, no one is going to be looking at your blog when you are just starting out, so it is okay if you screw up and your posts aren't 100% perfect.

Can't agree with that more!!

Welcome to the show TheDom!
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership

Jesse2004

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Priv.ly Experiences
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »
The most important thing is just to start.  If you worry too much about trying to post every day and that keeps you from making your first post you are in real trouble.  Same thing for trying to make perfect posts.  Get started, get something out there, and then improve from there...
Publically blogging my experiences with private sharing on social media (using Priv.ly)

https://myprivlyexperience.wordpress.com/

TheDom

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Fort Myers Community Acupuncture
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the input everyone! I'll be getting on the "one post a day" horse this week.