January 19, 2018, 10:56:17 PM

Author Topic: Help getting Readers Initially  (Read 1927 times)

Maverick9110e

• Student
  • New Shooters Resource
    • View Profile
    • New Shooters Resource
    • Email
Help getting Readers Initially
« on: July 16, 2012, 10:02:12 AM »
Hey guys! I just launched our site/business on Friday last week and was wondering what you all suggest for getting the initial word out there? So far i've been using our local Gun owners forum, facebook, just created a twitter account and i posted on another firearms forum.
   I know my main purpose in life right now should be to write write write.  However if i don't do SOME marketting of the site, i might as well be writing into a black hole as well.  So far each time i post up an article i send out a notice on facebook and twitter and i drop a line on the forums i'm on.  Friday i had about 40 visitors, saturday was about 51 and sunday was about 24.  Today so far i'm at 4. lol.  So any thought or suggestions on how to at least get the ball rolling the best way?  Thanks for any help in advance!

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Re: Help getting Readers Initially
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
Twitter is my best advice. My second best would be to get some attention from a bigger blogger. Find me on Twitter and I'll give you a shoutout. That should get you a few followers. Other than that write write write. No need to pay for traffic until you can give them something to interest them.

Hope that helped some.
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

Maverick9110e

• Student
  • New Shooters Resource
    • View Profile
    • New Shooters Resource
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »
Makes sense, I appreciate the help, tweet sent!

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 02:31:10 PM »
Thanks to Twitter I got listed on a big site's blog roll. I have also listed myself on some blog lists/catalogs.

I noticed that you are using Wordpress as CMS but I can't really figure out how to link to just one of your blog posts. You should look into that. Install some great plugins, like All in One SEO or Wordpress SEO by Yoast for Search Engine Optimization. Do you use Google Webmaster Tools? You should do that to get better positions in Google's search engine.

And you should use Twitter's search engine tool, find questions and answer them. That's how you build a community – by helping others!
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Maverick9110e

• Student
  • New Shooters Resource
    • View Profile
    • New Shooters Resource
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:47:08 PM »
We actually setup the site without wordpress, just basic Html, CSS, javascript, etc. to get it started and now we're moving it over to coding in all the wordpress and i think that will be a big help like your saying.  I am using webmaster tools.  A lot of them aren't updated yet though like content keywords as the site was just launched Friday i don't think the bots have had a chance to really analyze anything on the site yet but i'll be playing more deeply into now that you mention it.  Thanks!

triangletactical

• Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 06:39:31 PM »
Content, content ,content. Looks like you have 3 articles posted currently, start knocking out one every day, and you will start picking up more search engine traffic.

I'm on all the local forums you are, and I've not found them to be a source of a lot of traffic.

TFAKris

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Terra Firma Adventures
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 01:56:59 AM »
I like your find a range resource on your site. I added two good ones in Southern CA to your list. I think it will be a very valuable resource in no time.

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »
Guest posting can help a lot.

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
I've gotten to know a lot of bloggers in my niche by commenting on their blogs repeatedly and saying something knowledgeable and useful. I also interact with them on twitter. Using the twitter # has helped me a lot to get followers.

I just did a post where I emailed 17 bloggers in my niche and asked them for their best tips. 10 sent me tips, and they tweeted about that article too.

I also did a post on the 5 bloggers that I liked in my niche. That is also helpful in building alliances.