January 16, 2018, 03:12:23 PM

Author Topic: Hello from Raleigh NC and New Shooters Resource!  (Read 1313 times)

Maverick9110e

• Student
  • New Shooters Resource
    • View Profile
    • New Shooters Resource
    • Email
Hello from Raleigh NC and New Shooters Resource!
« on: July 16, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »
Hey everyone! Thought i'd pop in this section and introduce myself.  I've been a listener of TSP for about 2 years now and i've just stumbled over to the business podcast by Jack.  I gotta say, the man knows his stuff! So first let me say thanks to Jack for this awesome resource and great information he provides!
  I live near Raleigh NC and i've always had a drive to do something for myself business wise, the problem was figuring out what.  Firearms have been a huge interest of mine ever since moving down here in 2010 and i really wanted to do something with that.  Problem is, i don't have the capital to open a gun store (there's to many anwyay) and i don't have the experience to offer any really great hardcore training classes.
  That being said i've been all over the web in the firearms world, on forums etc. One thing i noticed was that everyting was geared these days towards "the tactical operator" and people who seem to know everything about firearms already.Then it hit me.  Where can someone who is new to the firearms world go and learn about the things they need to know and not feel initmitated? I couldn't find or think of much in the way of that so i created New Shooters Resource.
  I've modeled it after sites like TSP and other podcast/blog type websites while still trying to do it my own way and not copy the original.  The nice thing is my Fiance' is a web designer so she's offered to do all of the web designing for me, i just tell her what i need and how i want it to look. The nice thing with that is that i'm not out much money at all other than hosting fee's.
  My goal right now is to just get as many readers as i can which is proving a bit difficult but after listening to jack and some ohters on here my plan is just to write write write and it should draw readers.  I've setup the facebok account and twitter account and my local gun forum seems to be very interested as well.  The hard part is just getting the word out right now.
  I know i need to add more images to the articles and i'm going to be doing that with the next article i post up tomorrow or wednesday.

Anywho, i'll stop my rambling, lol.  Hello and i hope everyone is doing great, and i look forward to chatting with you all!

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
Re: Hello from Raleigh NC and New Shooters Resource!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:30:39 AM »
Welcome!

I live just out of Raleigh too. My wife works in Raleigh, and I work in Cary.

Cheers!
Charles
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:03:39 AM »
Welcome and fun! small world, the 2 of you could meet up somewhere.

triangletactical

• Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 08:18:50 PM »
Howdy from Knightdale. We should definitely get all the triangle area 100kers out for a beer sometime.

Maverick9110e

• Student
  • New Shooters Resource
    • View Profile
    • New Shooters Resource
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me!