January 19, 2018, 10:44:50 PM

Author Topic: Finding and Approaching Advertisers  (Read 1063 times)

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Finding and Approaching Advertisers
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
How do you find and approach advertisers. I have been taking a passive approach to advertising and I now feel its time to actively seek out companies to fill my ad slots.

Just how should I go about it? I don't want to seam spammy and immediately get my email deleted.

Thanks
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
Re: Finding and Approaching Advertisers
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »
I get these emails that always start out with "Love your blog". That's when I know they know nothing about my blog. Those emails get a quick delete.

Have you interacted, bought products, done reviews (not too, too recent) on their products? I would think that would give you more credibility, especially if you are also a customer.

I recently approached a beekeeping product manufacturer asking if they have sort of affiliate program. I had done a review of their product way back, and I had emailed them when we first started beekeeping. I am very enthusiastic about this product, and let them know I only use their product as a certain component of my beehives. They emailed, and offered a coupon and are interested in finding out about starting an affiliate program! I don't know how far they will go with this as they are a small company, but I did note that they were much more willing to talk with me.

So, good luck gunpreparedness. Let us know how it goes.