January 21, 2018, 08:16:17 PM

Author Topic: Facebook Likes  (Read 5136 times)

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
Re: Facebook Likes
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »
What I understand is that you must have a short link to the page, like /thesurvivalpodcast, to make that work. Which you can get if you give them your phone number or maybe if you have more than 30 lines, which is the limits for stats 
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 07:12:54 AM »
Login to your facebook account from a desktop. If your trying to do this via an "App" it won't work. Use your normal browser.

Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 07:14:52 AM »
My personal page is not linked to my fan page and like you it does not work. I never see others posts nor can I like or share pages/posts.

I'm not sure what you mean. You had to sign up for facebook to create the page. Whether you call it a personal page or not is irrelevant. 

-Nick
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28:29 AM »
Here you go guys. As promised.. a basic video of facebook usage.

I said it before, will say it again.. this won't work from your facebook "app". You need to do this from your normal web-browser. If you must use a smart phone then open the browser, scroll to the bottom and select "view full site"...

In this first video I show logging into facebook as my page.  I then view my feed looking for content to share.   I show clicking through to a page and then viewing who they like. I show how to like pages that page likes.
http://screencast.com/t/FWiDhzYA

In this second screen cast I show a photo I uploaded. I show that it was shared 23 times. I look at who shared it and I show you how I interacted with this. I think click through to one of those pages and interact with one of their posts.

http://screencast.com/t/vb374k0b
Save Our Skills

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »
gunpreparedness - post or PM a link to your facebook fan page and I can hopefully give you some feedback. 
Save Our Skills

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 09:23:35 AM »
It's Facebook.com/GunPreparedness I just took some screen shots of my problems and will be posting them later this afternoon.
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »
I tossed you a few likes and commented from one of my pages. When you post up the screen caps i'll give you more feedback

-nick
Save Our Skills

BillyS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:41 AM »
Dude, it's like dads and lawnmowers. I couldn't get it to work. Period. I tried and tried and tried and nothing. Then you posted your video, I thought, "That's what I'm doing!" I tried it again and it worked. That's awesome man! Thanks!!!

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 12:30:59 PM »
beats me dude! Ha ha, yeah sometimes it just helps to see it once.

Dude, it's like dads and lawnmowers. I couldn't get it to work. Period. I tried and tried and tried and nothing. Then you posted your video, I thought, "That's what I'm doing!" I tried it again and it worked. That's awesome man! Thanks!!!
Save Our Skills

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »
Is it required that you have an admin for your page?

I just use the email I setup the page under to login and update. Could this be why I'm having problems?
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

carl

• Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
Is it required that you have an admin for your page?

I just use the email I setup the page under to login and update. Could this be why I'm having problems?

I had this problem when I started a facebook page for work. What I did was "like" the work page from my personal account and them made myself an admin. I was then able to switch between my facebook ID from my personal to work ID. This allowed me to go to other pages and "like" them and also I could invite my friends to join, which in this case I did not. I hope this helps.

Carl

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
Carl,

Once you did this could your facebook friends see that you were associated with the page. My coworkers and boss are on my Facebook and I can not let them know about my website. I need this job for a few more months.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

carl

• Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 10:15:26 PM »
Carl,

Once you did this could your facebook friends see that you were associated with the page. My coworkers and boss are on my Facebook and I can not let them know about my website. I need this job for a few more months.

Yes, they will be able to see that it is your page. You could unfriend them, or the only other thing that I could suggest is that you make another facebook ID to do this. You will need to use an email address that has never been used with facebook. I tried to make a new ID using the email address that I used to make the page for my work and it would not let me.  This is why I linked my personal page with my work page. When I "liked" my work page so I could become an admin that could use the full facebook site, I changed my settings on my personal page so that the other admins for the work site were not able to see my personal profile, just the part that I liked the page. This will not help you though because they are your friends already. I decided long ago to keep that stuff as separate as possible.

Carl

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
I finally got around to creating a ghost account for Facebook.

Once I created the new Facebook profile for Mr John Dough and liked my pages I added him in as an administrator. Since this I have been able to like pages and other stuff. I'm glad its finally working properly.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness