January 16, 2018, 03:12:41 PM

Author Topic: How Swedish Prepper got 800 pageviews February 29  (Read 2912 times)

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
How Swedish Prepper got 800 pageviews February 29
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:56:58 AM »
In December 2011 I started my Swedish blogg about surival, preparedness and economy on a basic level, why you should have a smoke detector, an economic buffert and food storage. In January 2012 (my first whole month) I had 358 pageviews. February 29 I got featured on one of the largest blogs about economy and society, that day I got 800 pageviews. After that he added me to his blogroll and ever since, 50 percent of my traffic comes from the blog Cornucopia?. The other 50 percent comes almost exclusively from google and social media (Twitter).

Today I posted my 67th blog post, I try to post three posts/week, and I calculated that I have posted 2,75 posts/week this year. I can't understand how themed bloggers can post content every day, and how Jack can come up with one hour of content every day for almost 1000 episodes of TSP. To search engine optimize my blog I only use the alt-tag for all images (I post an image in every post) and Twitter-rss-feeds in the widget section.

Feedburner is a great tool for distribution, it controls my RSS-feed and posts new content on my Twitter account. I have also joined a few blog lists/catalogs. Twitter is the best way to network and gain new readers and distribute my content. That's how Cornucopia? found out about me, I posted a link where I talked about a seminar I watched online about peak oil and Sweden. You have to be active, search for people that needs help with something like buy cheap food, water distribution failure and explain why you should have smoke detectors. Then link them back to your website (not in a spammy way).

I started this project six months ago because I didn't found a "prepping for beginners" blog in Swedish and also because I know that it's hard for me to keep myself motivated and continue with something for a longer time. On the way I've learned how to write better content, attract visitors and that if I don't post new content, then the blog eventually will die. My next goal is to still be writing new and awesome content on a consistant basis in December.

Pageviews
W23 (1084), W24 (1199), W25 (1146)
Jan (358), Feb (2354), March (4677), April (3955), May (4845), June 25 (4027)
Picture of the pageviews http://i46.tinypic.com/29kzw2v.png

Swedish Prepper
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:26:46 AM by Fjorgynn »
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
Re: How Swedish Prepper got 800 pageviews February 29
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »
I agree with you, I think three posts a week is the max if you have a normal day job as well.  Or at least if you have a type of blog where you have to do something (e.g. some project) and then post about what you've done.

I notice successful blogs usually have multiple posters.  I don't really know anyone who is a good enough writer and interested in my topic to achieve that though.  Maybe you could find some other preppers to post on your site on off days?

What is Cornucopia about?  I can't read Swedish.

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
I agree with you, I think three posts a week is the max if you have a normal day job as well.  Or at least if you have a type of blog where you have to do something (e.g. some project) and then post about what you've done.

I notice successful blogs usually have multiple posters.  I don't really know anyone who is a good enough writer and interested in my topic to achieve that though.  Maybe you could find some other preppers to post on your site on off days?

What is Cornucopia about?  I can't read Swedish.

I think it's great to have multiple writers on a blog, but it's not for me. In the future I want to do some videos, but for the moment I am not comfortable with speaking myself, I prefer having a discussion. So it's something for the future.

Cornucopia? is a Swedish blog, the largest about economy, military and some other politics (that I don't know much about yet) with 23k visitors per month. 

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:57:04 AM »
Congrats for the mention!

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »
So today I looked up what position I have on Google when I search for the word prepper. I have confirmed that with two other Swedish sources. For now there are 74 000 global, and 320 local searches for this word according to Google's keyword tool. What I understand local is Sweden, because that's my settings.

In June I had 4694 total views, which compared to May (4845) is fewer, but more than 3955 in April. I'ts summer time now so I know there won't be as many visitors as before, but I predict it will be more in August, September.

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »
It's August and my blog is still going strong, but I feel that I've got a writer's block. Last month I had 4760 views ( average of 153,5 views per day). I have posted 12 posts since July 2nd.

As you can see below beeing listed on a big blog is great. I am again trying to network with people on Twitter, talking about flashlights when during power outages (yes, people are tweeting about that) and reposting posts about thunder when it's raining in my part of the country.

Search Terms last 30 days

1. Kompass - 30 views (Compass)
2. Prepper - 29 views
3. Swedish Prepper - 18 views
4. Fotogenvärmare - 14 views (Kerasine heater)
5. Norsk flagga - 14 views (Norwegian flag

Referers last 30 days

1. cornucopia.cornubot.se - 1,050
2. Search Engines - 870
3. bodisforberedelser.blogspot.se - 33
4. innandetsker.blogspot.se - 31
5. Twitter - 31
6. Swedish Wikipedia - 24

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
It's August and my blog is still going strong, but I feel that I've got a writer's block. Last month I had 4760 views ( average of 153,5 views per day). I have posted 12 posts since July 2nd.

I feel like I have writer's block right now too. I'm not feeling inspired, but I made myself post something even if it wasn't my own content--it was a TED talk. What have you done to help yourself through this?

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 10:01:49 AM »
I've been blogging now since December 20, 2011. Today I posted blog post 105, I still try to keep my three posts per week ratio and I am now using Twitter and my Facebook page even more than before.

Top 5 search terms the last 30 days.

Kompass (96 views)
Prepper (26 views)
Swedish Prepper (24 views)
Kunskap (20 views)
Preppers (19 views)

Top 6 refferers the last 30 days.

Search Engines (1,377 views)
Blog I'm featured on (801)
Blog I'm featured on (93)
Facebook (45)
Twitter (36)
A Swedish survivalist-forum (33)
Swedish Wikipedia (32)

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
So, another month has passed by and another visitor record has been broken. I just wrote blog post 116, which will be posted tomorrow November 1th. As of today I've got 47 likes on Facebook and 351 followers on Twitter.

In september I had 4589 pageviews, which was less than the record in August when I had 5,600 views on the blog. This month I got 9,360 views, which means that I broke the old record with 4,030 pageviews.

Prepping was featured in the state television October 3rd, which I know is a big reason why there are so many views this month. There was also an article in a Swedish weekend magazine about prepping. In it the journalist also wrote that my blog is one of Sweden's biggest prepper blogs.

Top 6 search terms the last 30 days.

kompass - 105 views
preppers - 102 views
prepper - 83 views
preppers sverige - 42 views
swedish prepper - 34 views
swedish preppers - 26 views

Top refferers the last 30 days

Search Engines - 1,882 views
Blog I'm featured on - 1,230 views
Blog I'm featured on - 172 views
Twitter - 76
Facebook - 54
A Swedish survivalist forum - 49
Swedish Wikipedia - 47

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 02:54:21 PM »
Great work!  It seems like there is an advantage to writing in your native language.  There is an audience for topics that might be well-covered by English sites, but not so well known in non-English countries.