October 21, 2017, 04:51:46 PM

Author Topic: Just found a content goldmine  (Read 2020 times)

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
Just found a content goldmine
« on: June 21, 2012, 10:59:16 AM »
Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing awesome at your blogs and other type sites.

I got an email from a guy earlier in the week. It was about a site where people could ask questions about a profession. He said they thought a mechanics POV would be awesome.

I signed up today and WOW. Not only do I have links to the site, I am able to help people out in a big way. The best part, they come to me :) The site is called jobstr. Here is a link to the tread. This all started a few hours ago.
http://jobstr.com/threads/show/4319-auto-mechanic-vw-

P.S. Anyone know when the next podcast will be? I miss it..
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
Re: Just found a content goldmine
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
This is cool. I see they don't have a chef yet...Thanks for sharing!

Dan_Jobstr

• Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »
Hi all, I see this thread is about 2 months old, but thought I'd chime in here anyway.

I'm Dan, one of the Jobstr co-founders, and this forum post came up in a Google Alert, so I thought I'd come say hello, even though I'm not sure how many eyeballs this will reach.

Thanks for the compliment, humblemechanic, and I personally love your thread.  UFAB: we actually DO have a chef now (and she's actually terrific also): http://jobstr.com/threads/show/4323-chef

We've been online for around a year, and just unveiled a re-design that we're pretty psyched about: humblemechanic I'm sure can attest to the night-and-day improvement, and it's just in time, because we've got a few cool press shout-outs coming very soon.  In any case, I've poked around these forums and dig the vibe here, so if you've got any questions / suggestions / gripes / whatever about Jobstr, happy to answer.  "Content goldmine" is just about the best compliment you could give us, because I agree: I'd like to think we've got one of the best signal-to-noise ratio of most any Q&A site out there.

And we're always on the lookout for new high-quality hosts, so if any of you know someone with a cool job who you think would make for a good Q&A, let me know!

Best,
Dan

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:32:13 PM »
Hey Dan,
That's me actually!

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »
Hey Dan,
That's me actually!

THAT'S AWESOME!!!
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership

Dan_Jobstr

• Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »
Oh, very cool!  The press shout-outs we were expecting exceeded even our expectations; the NY Post ran a story about Jobstr yesterday: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/jobs/profession_confessions_y8HtGHn9MCC2fsGObzVpPN

And our traffic has been great since then -- we just hope that the content quality can stay as high as it has been as we grow.

And UFAB: as you can see, that's your Q&A we decided to put in the 'top slot' today because we think it's great and we knew we had a lot of new eyeballs on the way this week:)

Dan

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »
Hey Dan,
That was so cool! Thanks. It's been fun answering questions about cheffing. And great article on you guys. A dominatrix?  ;)

Charles, how's it going on your end? I read some of the questions people sent you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:15:16 PM by UFAB »