January 18, 2018, 03:17:53 PM

Author Topic: Byte-Range  (Read 1446 times)

WiMary

• Student
    • View Profile
    • The Wisconsin Times
    • Email
Byte-Range
« on: June 07, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »
UPDATE: June 8th - It must have worked, I just resubmitted to iTunes and it was accepted.  If anyone  else has this problem I would be happy to help! 

Hi everyone,
My podcast recently quit showing up in iTunes, been trying to figure out why, at one point I resubmitted and received a message about byte-range being enabled with my host.  I have hostgator with a wordpress site.  From what I've learned so far people are having trouble with MP3 files if they are uploaded in your wordpress media file and then put into your podpress plugin.  Soooo, thinking that is my problem, i am now uploading my MP3's to a different host and trying that, it's taking some time so I don't know yet if it's going to work.  One thing I wanted to tell you though, i've been emailing back and forth with Apple support and here is the last email I got from her (copied & pasted)

"We have recently made byte range requests a requirement for submission. Please confirm with your host server that they have this feature enabled."

Ugh, i don't even know what byte range is...can anyone shed some light on this for me?  If someone really wants to dig into the whole mess - the feed i'm trying to get iTunes to use is http://feeds.feedburner.com/thewisconsintimes

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:31:31 AM by WiMary »

curtarnold3

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Byte-Range
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »
Hi WiMary,

Can I ask what you did that finally worked for you? I am having the same issue you had.

Thanks,
Curt

curtarnold3

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Byte-Range
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
Just in case anyone has this problem in the future, I wanted to post how I fixed it. I had a plugin installed that hijacks all of my rss feed and redirects them to feedburner. Laziness on my part by getting a plugin instead of updating my links lead to 3 days of pain. 1000 thanks go out to user Wimary for helping me discover this.

Thanks!