December 14, 2017, 02:48:51 PM

Author Topic: Getting the most out of your time  (Read 1554 times)

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Getting the most out of your time
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »
I am busy. Always busy. Lately I have been spending a lot of time om problogger.net reading articles and finding ideas to make my blog better. I realize that I am not investing enough work into.

Does anyone have any things that you do to get articles wrote quicker? I take way too long. 500 words take about 3 hours. I really need to get more out of my time.

I also saw a book on problogger.net Blog Wise. Has anyone read it? Is it that helpful of does it just give you expensive fixes like those voice to text programs?

Thanks
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
Re: Getting the most out of your time
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
500 words are about one page in word I assume. First we must analyze why it takes three hours to write one post. Is it because of slow typing, writer's block, lack of motivation or something else? For me it's easy to write new content, but I'm lazy so that's why I have to struggle with content writing.

I don't know that Blog Wise is.
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 07:18:36 AM »
BlogWise is several successful bloggers sharing what works for them.  Some tips are tools they use, many are free. 

Everyone's blogging style is different.  These are real life tips which has helped each blogger featured be more productive. 

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:33:58 AM »
I try to write shorter articles, sometimes 200 words. I know people's attention span can be short.  If the article is long, like say 800 words, I will break it into two posts.

Sometimes I go on writing jags where I'll have a bunch of ideas, start them as posts, write a couple key sentences, and save them as drafts.  I will work on them as the days pass, and finish and edit as needed.

I also will set a timer for 50 minutes and just do a task like write.

Not sure if that was what you were looking for, but good luck.

Paul_SSA

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Safety Solutions Academy Podcast
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:32:15 AM »
Yeah, this can be tough.  There are so many things that can distract from what we need to be doing. 

I use a timer.  But I am a timer NAZI.

I set the timer for 15 minutes and for the next 15 minutes I do nothing but breath and write.  I tell my two kids, 2.5 and 4.5 "I'm about to start the timer, do you need anything?  Tell me now or you will have to wait...."

I don't stop for anything short of spurting blood.  Slow trickle or even a steady flow can wait until the 15 minutes is up....

Unless I am on fire this is how the writing and other work gets done.

hope that helps.
www.SafetySolutionsAcademy.com

Safety Solutions Academy:  Saving lives through information, education and training.

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »
a standard page is 250 words in Word.

If you spend 3 hours writing a 500 word article, what is your time per hour worth?

I use http://www.textbroker.com

When I ask for a 450-500 word article for a blog or posting to ezines I pay around $7-$8 per article.

Now that article might not be the best ever and I might not post it to my main site... But I can post it to feeder sites to get keyword links to my main site. I can submit it to article directories, etc.  I can post it to a free wordpress or blogger blog.  That kind of thing.

If you do spend 3 hours writing an article you better make it the damn best article you've ever written.  You better reuse and re-purpose that content over and over again. Can  you reuse it in a series of emails to your newsletter? Can you break it into several posts for your blog? Can you rewrite it a bit and submit a similar version to the article directories?

If you get paid $50 an hour for example.. and it takes you 3 hours to write an article, that means the article is costing you $150.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards