January 16, 2018, 03:17:34 PM

Author Topic: finally have some reviews on Itunes  (Read 1252 times)

cars4fun2001

• Student
    • View Profile
    • backtobasicspodcast
    • Email
finally have some reviews on Itunes
« on: June 02, 2012, 06:46:12 PM »
Like I said I finally have some reviews on Itunes.. I have been waiting for what seams like for ever. Not exactly the kind of reviews I wanted to see though.

I get what you are trying to do and I agree with some of it. Growing a community, sharing ideas, being self-sufficient are wonderful concepts. Your opinion about social issues needs to be kept to yourself, current events need left out, and prepping to me is silly...if you want to keep it make sure to keep a clear separation of prepping and back to basics/self-sufficiency....they do not always have to go hand in hand.

Last but not least. If you want to have a podcast fine, then produce a pod cast. Develop a topic and script it....proof read it, rehearse it and edit it properly. Do not just blather into your blue tooth while you are driving around town or whatever.

Nonsensical yammering about nothing! Waste of time.

its all good though as my FB fan list and twitter following and my subscriptions continue to grow all be it slow, they are a growing. 

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
Re: finally have some reviews on Itunes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
You know you are starting to hit big time when you attract haters!  I got my first hater too!

Raptor1

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • The Family Podcast Network
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 01:23:49 PM »
Bahahahaha!  What a d-bag. 

Sorry for the criticism.  You likely know this, but fear has a tendency to bring this type of response out when talking about prepping.  I don't think this person knows what a podcast is but it sounds like they would loooove mainstream media.  Say only what makes me comfortable.   ;) 

I seriously doubt you need to hear this but I'm going to say it anyway.  Your show, your opinions, and though I agree that self-sufficiency and prepping don't haveto go together, in your show they can. 

On a side note, something to think about for passive income.  I LOVE your chicken coup tractor and I would love to build one.  You could measure out your coup and draw up some easy-to-assemble plans host them on eJunkie and make sales.  Or even create a video of you building one so folks could follow along.  I'd buy it....

Ex:

3 Pieces of Particle Board in this shape (picture of shape here with dimensions)
6 hinges

You get the idea.  Awesome ideas C4F.

jamesandthegiantkeg

• Student
    • View Profile
    • James and the Giant Keg.com
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »
My rule of thumb is that you talk about whatever you want to talk about in your blog or podcast, and like minded people, or people who like your material, will find you. Do as much perpetration as you want.

Personally I have to have a cohost to keep me talking, but I ramble on too. But that's the format I like anyway.

cars4fun2001

• Student
    • View Profile
    • backtobasicspodcast
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:31:58 PM »
thanks guys..  internet provider has had me off line for a couple of days.. Raptor I would be happy to get you some measurements. I need to build a new coupe so a video sounds like a good idea. But in the meantime I could defiantly put some plans up. I have never heard of eJunkie I will have to check them out. James I could not agree more.. And I know I tend to go off in left field from time to time but I almost always tie it back in to the topic at hand.