January 18, 2018, 03:39:52 AM

Author Topic: Selling with ClickBank  (Read 19465 times)

monderno

• Apprentice
  • Brandon
    • View Profile
    • Monderno
    • Email
Selling with ClickBank
« on: December 21, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »
Has anyone ever sold anything with ClickBank (like an eBook)? Opinions?

Thanks!

DeneBrock

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Country Consultant
    • Email
Re: Selling with ClickBank
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
I've used clickbank in my affiliate sales days..

Clickbank is easy to use because basically you just choose what you want to sell, create a snippet of tracking code called a 'hoplink' and put it on your site.  That's it.  You don't have to go out and apply to be an affiliate with each individual site or get approval, etc.  The hoplink redirects to the seller's website (usually a landing page for their product) and if a purchase is made, you get a % of the sale.

Clickbank used to have some strange rules about payouts and would actually charge a service fee if you didn't meet your minimum sales, but with electronic deposits instead of checks, that may have gone away.  It's been a long time since I've used them.  You might want to check on that so you won't be surprised, especially in your first month or two when you might not be making many sales.

My recommendation is to purchase the item you want to sell FIRST and check it out to make sure it's worthy of your time and promotion.  Selling a bad product on your site will damage your relationship with your readers. 

As for selling your own products, I know of one author who has sold his products through clickbank for over 7 years now, so his experience has been a good one.  I personally have not used them in that capacity, though.

I used the service, and have no real complaints, but had better results with selling through individual affiliate programs. 

"Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life." — Wayne Dyer

Country Consultant - Living The Good Life in the Country

monderno

• Apprentice
  • Brandon
    • View Profile
    • Monderno
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:22:22 AM »
Thanks, I am really only interested in using them to sell an eBook, not to add their text ads to my site.

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »
Thanks, I am really only interested in using them to sell an eBook, not to add their text ads to my site.

I have used both clickbank and ejunkie for affiliate purposes but not for selling anything yet.  I can confirm that ejunkie is a good platform for affiliates. One of my marketing friends uses ejunkie as does my favorite wordpress theme. It also has fewer restrictions that click bank as far as hoops you have to jump through to get your product sold.

Ejunkie is 5 bucks a month and last time I checked click bank was 50 dollars one time.
Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites