November 23, 2017, 09:53:44 PM

Author Topic: how to make forum accessible to people who bought an ebook  (Read 3467 times)

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
So I may have a client who wants to make a premium boards section for her customers.  I'm not sure whether it would be only a few boards or all of the boards, but she wants to make those private for the buyers of an ebook.

Ideally I wouldn't be using amember, I'd rather just have a quick switch to flip whether they have access.  Can this be done without a monthly fee SaaS platform?

Thanks in advance.

Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
Re: how to make forum accessible to people who bought an ebook
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »
Crap this is in the generic forum :)

I need more info.

What bulletin board software are they using now?
How does someone make a purchase now? Is there extra software involved? Is it paypal, clickbank, etc?
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
Crap this is in the generic forum :)

I need more info.

What bulletin board software are they using now?
How does someone make a purchase now? Is there extra software involved? Is it paypal, clickbank, etc?

Well I am asking for the best solution, because I would be building it from scratch.  I think simple machines is pretty slick, but my client said she wants a pay solution because she thinks they are nicer.  This place is pretty nice in my opinion.

The ebooks are sold through e-junkie, and one of them is being (or needs to be) drop shipped through createspace.

My goal would be to use simple machines or PHPBB whichever is easier to design with a theme like this one (different colors logos of course, maybe even a slightly different feel).

Do I need to use amember?  I wouldn't need to keep track of whether a membership has expired since it's lifetime membership with ebook purchase.
Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
I don't think you necessarily need to use amember.

I'm unsure of one thing... the createspace drop shipping. How is that handled? Do you send them to createspace for the sale? Do they make the purchase there on createspace or do they make the purchase on her site and you send their info to createspace?
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 12:04:22 AM »
pretty sure w/ createspace it's going to hook into amazon and what not. If this is the case you might be best just goin' low tech

Have a code or something in the book that gets them in... if they share the book they share the book. You have to gear your business to the 99% of good people and not make them jump through a ton of hoops rather than focusing on the 1% of scum and keeping them outl... not like you can't just ban losers later.

Plus having a few pirates in under your nose but who contribute good content and help build your private community.. not the worst scenario
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!