January 18, 2018, 03:36:10 PM

Author Topic: Bi-polar times in business  (Read 1039 times)

msparks

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Michael Sparks-Entrepreneur
Bi-polar times in business
« on: May 14, 2012, 12:40:39 PM »

Just wanted to pass along something that my wife and I were discussing last night before bed. She's just beginning a business and was concerned on the small things, getting customers and other things. I could tell she was getting overwhelmed and frustrated.

Today when I spoke with her I told her buisness is like being Bi-polar. There are times when you are manic, things are hopping and life is great and there are other times when it all seems so overwhelming and depressing. This is normal.

The good news, the more your business grows, the more customers you get, the more interaction you get the less that the depressive stuff matters.

Now that over 10 years in my business, while it still happens it's not very often and doesn't last long. Before I know it, another customer is calling to order or ask for help. Also business just keeps growing so no matter what we are going to be okay.

The key is to realize when the Bi-polar moments are happening and know that it will pass. Start doing something else when those moments begin and soon you will get back on track.

Another thing is getting with other successful people. This coming week I will be travelling to Duluth Minnesota for a company training event. There will be about 400 other business owners there from all over the country. This event always energizes me and pumps me up. When I get home I'm so full of ideas and motivation. I will use the next 90 days to really Kick some Butt.

Find groups and functions you can attend that help get you going. If you can do this once a quarter, bi-annually or at least once a year you can drive out those depressive blues.

Hope this helps.
Michael Sparks, Just another entrepreneur
www.michaelsparks.us

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
Re: Bi-polar times in business
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:24:23 AM »
Good idea... it is hard though to find people who are actually interested in making money!  There are hobbyists and so forth but especially in technology, people seem insulted that I would actually like to make money and not work for free endlessly.