January 18, 2018, 03:40:40 AM

Author Topic: Contest  (Read 19348 times)

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Contest
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »
I'm not sure if this goes here but I think its the best fit.

When running a contest how should I promote it? Just through Twitter and Facebook? Or should I do something special to help get the word out?

Currently I just promote on Twitter and Facebook to my 10 likes lol.

Just wondering if I should take a different approach to get the best bang for my buck, and the sponsors buck too.

Thanks
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
Re: Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
I'm not sure if this goes here but I think its the best fit.

When running a contest how should I promote it? Just through Twitter and Facebook? Or should I do something special to help get the word out?

Currently I just promote on Twitter and Facebook to my 10 likes lol.

Just wondering if I should take a different approach to get the best bang for my buck, and the sponsors buck too.

Thanks

With a name like gunpreparedness, I'm guessing you're in the preparedness industry?  Youtube contests are hot in the prepper niche. Just browse around youtube and you're sure to find subscription contents.  I have a very rough draft of a guide of how to do this. If you want it PM me.
Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
Re: Contest
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »
Did you put a # in front of words for your niche on Twitter? I always check #beekeeping and will see tweets from people I haven't followed and will reply to them if appropriate. That's how you can possibly get more than your 10 followers to see your tweet.