January 19, 2018, 10:54:44 PM

Author Topic: Is it just me or does everyone who is making money on the internet...  (Read 1981 times)

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
Sell courses on making money on the internet?   ::)

At some point people have to sell real value.  I was looking at Michael Dunlops product (http://www.siteprofitdomination.com/ not an affiliate link) (as everyone is doing tax day specials on the internet, its "on sale" whatever that means these days) and it looks like it just might be a regurgitation of everything everyone else has already done.

My first e product for internet marketing was Ben Lowrey's product (youronlinecashsystem) but I bought it because he does really good video guitar lessons.

For me I really just need to get my freebie done, capture emails, and drive traffic... Oh and have an actual product.

Thoughts?  Does everyone seem to be doing make money on the internet meta products?

EDIT: not a critique of Jack because he's legit.
Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
Re: Is it just me or does everyone who is making money on the internet...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »
We can probably get Jack to respond to this one.

The make money on the internet people are getting into it because it's low hanging fruit.  They are learning about how to make money on the internet themselves.  They basically just re-purpose stuff they are already learning to sell stuff about making money on the internet.

Know what I mean? They buy something with resell rights to learn how to do it, then they resell it.

Or maybe they write their own ebook, and fill it with all the bonuses of the resell rights they've already got.

It's also easier for them because they don't have to think outside the box.

The people who think outside the box (like many of you on here) are going to have a much better chance of succeeding if only because you don't have to compete against as many people.  And the sheeple you are selling to haven't seen all the internet marketing tricks yet.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »
  And the sheeple you are selling to haven't seen all the internet marketing tricks yet.

I find this to be quite contrary to what this community is building here.  This community and a select few others aren't out to "trick the sheeple into buying something."   Frankly, if I have to trick someone to buy my product, I shouldn't be selling it. The line between influence and manipulation may look thin at times, but I for one prefer to stay on the influence side of things. 

If my customer isn't finding value in what I'm selling him/her, then how am I any better than the scumbags in the world selling bullshit?

If what we're doing isn't providing real value to people's lives, then I don't want any part of it.
Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 06:13:32 AM »
2 more thoughts:
1. A lot of the legit players in the market made their money else where on the 'net and figured out how to make money. You write what you know.
2. "Else where on the 'net" may refer to a topic you don't give a crap about. You may not see where these guys are making the bulk of their money... and it ain't on a "make money on the net" site. Look at Darren Rowse. He's doing quite well at ProBlogger. That isn't his primary site. His bread and butter (and passion) is photography. I didn't know that until a couple years of reading ProBlogger.

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »
  And the sheeple you are selling to haven't seen all the internet marketing tricks yet.

I find this to be quite contrary to what this community is building here.  This community and a select few others aren't out to "trick the sheeple into buying something."   Frankly, if I have to trick someone to buy my product, I shouldn't be selling it. The line between influence and manipulation may look thin at times, but I for one prefer to stay on the influence side of things. 

If my customer isn't finding value in what I'm selling him/her, then how am I any better than the scumbags in the world selling bullshit?

If what we're doing isn't providing real value to people's lives, then I don't want any part of it.

I'm a skateboarder.  The "maneuvers" I do are called "tricks" not because I'm tricking someone like magician or illusionist but because not everyone knows how to do them. Therefore it is a trick to learn to do the maneuver. If someone does a 720 or 900 that's a big trick. But is it a gimmick? No. It takes a lot of balls, skills, and technique to learn to do those tricks.

That's what I mean here...

Internet Marketing "tricks" doesn't mean that you are tricking people. It simply means you are using more aggressive marketing strategies. "Strategies" and "Tricks" are interchangeable in that statement.  They are "tricks" because the average internet person doesn't know how to do them. That is why they are more effective and why people who use them make more money than those that don't.

Never once have I implied that I'm selling bullshit. Where did you get that impression?

It's rather obvious to me that you have your guard up because you've been burned by some of the internet rip off artists. I'm sorry that happened to you, but that has nothing to do with me.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »
2. "Else where on the 'net" may refer to a topic you don't give a crap about. You may not see where these guys are making the bulk of their money... and it ain't on a "make money on the net" site. Look at Darren Rowse. He's doing quite well at ProBlogger. That isn't his primary site. His bread and butter (and passion) is photography. I didn't know that until a couple years of reading ProBlogger.

I also believe Aaron Wall of SEO Book fame made his first millions with a niche web site for the wedding industry.  He then told about those techniques, strategies, and "tricks" he used to rank well in the search engines and make lots of money on wedding favors in SEO Book.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards