January 21, 2018, 02:29:09 AM

Author Topic: .net vs .com  (Read 2100 times)

couchvortex

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Police Dispatcher HQ
    • Email
.net vs .com
« on: April 12, 2012, 11:21:21 PM »
Hi,

I have picked a domain name of www.policedispatcherhq.com because policedispatcher.com was taken. I have since heard that .net with just your keywords is better SEO-wise than a .com with HQ in the title.

I have recently purchased the .net version and wondering if I should just copy content to that site now.

I'm a little confused at the SEO aspect but still new enough that it's not too hard to make the change if need be.

I would love to hear some people's thoughts on .net vs .com with HQ in address.

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
Re: .net vs .com
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »
.net vs. .com shouldn't have much effect on your SEO. There are so many other factors that are more important for SEO that the effect of .net/.com will be so minimal as to not matter much. 

.net vs .com is more important in terms of how you plan to market your web site.

Is your web site going to be marketed primarily online where people will be placing direct links to your site... or will it be offline where people will have to remember to type in the right thing.  If they have to remember to type in .net instead of .com you'll lose a percentage of your traffic just from people not remembering the right one.

If you're marketing primarily online where people will usually be clicking on a link you don't have to worry about them remembering the right thing.  You can use .net or .biz or whatever domains you want then without running too much risk of losing traffic.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards