January 19, 2018, 10:58:44 PM

Author Topic: Have You Overcome The Limitations Of Selling POD Books Via Your Website/List?  (Read 1159 times)

Andrew

• Student
    • View Profile
I've recently prepared my new book, "Raw Food Weight Loss And Vitality," for sale via Createspace.

I have an established website and email list of interested buyers. However, as far as I can tell there is no way for me to just sell my the book to them via my own website with createspace handling the purchase and order processing.

The reason this is a concern is because the Createspace book page that was created for me will not sell many of my books, no matter how much traffic I throw at it: https://www.createspace.com/3767588

I can tell that this is would be an extremely low-converting page and I would make few sales.

Why?

1) After selling them on the need to buy the book on my website's sell page, they would have the buying experience interrupted by the need to travel off site to a second page and be faced with a yet another "click". You never want to do this.

2) The sales page just isn't particularly well done. The add to cart button is small. While I can edit the text, it is small and poorly arranged on the page.

So I'm wondering if there is some way for me to just add the equivalent of a "buy now" button to my own site's sales page which leads buyers to put in their payment info, etc.

An example of this working well is on this page: http://www.raw-food-health.net/Savory-Raw-Dressings-And-Sauces.html, which sells an ebook. As you can see, the product distributor, e-junkie, isn't a major part of the experience. I control the sell page and only when they click add to cart does the buyer get to an e-junkie feature.

How have other people gotten around this problem?

This is a pretty major flaw, as far as I'm concerned.

Is there another print on demand company offering what I'm looking for?

Has anyone come up with a way of getting around these flaws?

Any thoughts appreciated.

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
This may not be what you want to hear but...

If createspace sucks, why are you using it?
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
my suggestion is to offer this book as an ebook and also put it out to the various e-reader stores such as kindle

Maybe make a loss leader version to give out as a free teaser .. see jack's latest video in the members board

just a thought
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!