January 21, 2018, 02:16:22 AM

Author Topic: AWeber Users - Best approach for multiple websites?  (Read 3177 times)

carmichs

• Student
    • View Profile
    • MarathonTrainingPlan.com - Training Programs Customized For Your Specific Race
    • Email
AWeber Users - Best approach for multiple websites?
« on: April 06, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »
For those of you that have more than one website, do you create separate Aweber accounts for each website?  I have two similar (but slightly different websites) that I want to grow separate lists for but ideally by billable/managed under a single account. 

I know you can create multiples lists, autoresponders, etc. But I want my account info (lead capture forms, return email addr, site info, etc) to be different for each website.

I was hoping someone has a product that allows you to combine total users from multiple sites and charge me that way, vs me having to create a bunch of user ids/passwords/accounts for every little website I have. 

How do you all handle this? I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks!

Steve

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
Re: AWeber Users - Best approach for multiple websites?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 03:51:03 PM »
No just one aweber account.

You create a new list for each web site. You can have an unlimited number of lists.

Another great thing is your users can actually opt out of multiple lists at once... and you can email multiple lists at once. The system will check for duplicates for you and won't send them two messages if they are on two of your lists that you're mailing the same message to.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards

carmichs

• Student
    • View Profile
    • MarathonTrainingPlan.com - Training Programs Customized For Your Specific Race
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
Awesome. Thank you!

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:29:23 PM »
And that is something you can't do easily on MailChimp. 

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:40:21 PM »
Why do you say that? I'm using the free Mail Chimp account w 3 different lists. It was pretty intuitive.

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:47:51 PM »
and you can email multiple lists at once. The system will check for duplicates for you and won't send them two messages if they are on two of your lists that you're mailing the same message to.

I like MailChimp, but finding some things aweber does better as in sending the same message to several lists. 

See http://thinktraffic.net/why-i-switched-from-mailchimp-to-aweber  Now many of things he is doing in his post you can do with mailchimp, and his tripled subscription rate is due to other things he did rather than simply switching providers.   You can do a/b testing with mailchimp unlike what he says. Mailchimp is sending me reminders to try it out.