January 19, 2018, 01:06:05 PM

Author Topic: How to Get Paid While Other People Develop Leads for You  (Read 5527 times)

Landscaper

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Thoughts, Ramblings, and Daydreams
Re: How to Get Paid While Other People Develop Leads for You
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 07:46:39 AM »
Great video, Jack.  Thank you!

It's given me some ideas for my 100th or 150th blog and what to put out while not being the main product.

That is also the main thing I need to remind myself as I do this.  Even though I blog creative writing and short stories, I can use the first parst as the free e-book content if I break it down into catagories and groups.

This will also act as an informal "popularity vote" on what content the viewers like best.   8)

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 07:58:59 AM »
A friend of mine used to make decent money back in the day promoting clickbank products
He told me this is the site to do research on: http://www.cbengine.com/

Go into your niche and look at other high converting products to get an idea about how to position your product and borrow some general themes, etc

-Nick
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!

angusbangus

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Thoughts from Dillon
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 07:13:23 AM »
Dan Carlin monetizes his podcast "hardcore history" by only having 20 eps in his RSS

You have to buy the old ones for a $1

So as a long time listener I am rewarded by getting everything for free but new listeners can pay to get the backlogs

One interesting concept. However I would say he is missing the boat because he doesn't have them in iTunes (even though people are asking for it constantly) and secondly he doesn't get any reoccurring revenue

Now even though i think he is "doing it wrong" he is making a full time living podcasting where as I am not... so there you go. Content truly is king.

Need to stop thinking about marketing a product I've not completed yet. Get my tools open and finish this bitch.

Later

-Nick
Nick,
I'm glad I finally found another Carlin listener who is driven nuts by juxtaposing his style with the advice Jack gives. I'm a complete addict to both his Hardcore History AND his Common Sense show. Since FMWJ was revitalized (and even when it was still dormant), I am infuriated every time I hear Dan whine about how he's really trying to get a show out but this and that and this and that and this and that have prevented it. I also want to scream at the radio and tell him how much more he could be monetizing. His content rocks and I think it's a great compliment to TSP in the political/liberty sphere. I think he'd even make a great guest on TSP. But his content generation rate is in the tank - waiting months for a Hardcore History show is just hard to stomach. I have to think that he has lost tons of audience for that very reason - almost lost me until the Rome series rekindled me. Jack is right - you have to be there for your audience if you expect them to be there for you.

Maybe the two of us could get together to contact him about being on TSP. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
Jack,

"The bigger picture" slide with the arrows. At the free landing and free ebook pages, are you requiring people give you their info before they can download the free ebook? I'm assuming that, yes you are.

Thanks,

Chris
Agricultrual Insights a blog dedicated to sustainable agriculture and grazing.