January 19, 2018, 01:05:13 PM

Author Topic: How to Get Paid While Other People Develop Leads for You  (Read 5526 times)

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
How to Get Paid While Other People Develop Leads for You
« on: April 04, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »
I just uploaded this one so it might take about an hour to be available - as of 235 PM central time on the 4th of April.

The password for this video is cognigen

The video is located at http://vimeo.com/39789196

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
Re: How to Get Paid While Other People Develop Leads for You
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »
Jack... thoughts on putting these into the kindle store.. good idea? Bad idea? Pros and cons?

Do you run it as a click bank and then put it in kindle later? Do you sell a 3rd version in that market?

Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »
I say go for it so long as the content remains your own, which I think it does.  I see it as a market place like any other.  I haven't tried it yet, as I currently sit on 3 half written books,  ;)

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 12:08:04 PM »
Yep i know what you mean. Outlines are like ideas... SHIT! LOL I have about 50 book outlines...
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »
Everyone has their own strengths this is why I do mostly audio I am better and faster with it and I like to do it.  I don't like to write, so like when I tell people to do eBooks for monetization that is if writing works for them.  If you are a podcaster you can do a "premium audio", etc. 

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 12:56:13 PM »
Dan Carlin monetizes his podcast "hardcore history" by only having 20 eps in his RSS

You have to buy the old ones for a $1

So as a long time listener I am rewarded by getting everything for free but new listeners can pay to get the backlogs

One interesting concept. However I would say he is missing the boat because he doesn't have them in iTunes (even though people are asking for it constantly) and secondly he doesn't get any reoccurring revenue

Now even though i think he is "doing it wrong" he is making a full time living podcasting where as I am not... so there you go. Content truly is king.

Need to stop thinking about marketing a product I've not completed yet. Get my tools open and finish this bitch.

Later

-Nick
Save Our Skills

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 12:30:02 AM »
I am thinking of trying a scaled down version of this as a test, just offering a pamphlet for free to get people to join my mailing list.

I already have a "blog broadcast" aweber list which just emails my RSS feed.  I assume for this I should create a separate mailing list.  When someone downloads your book you should just put them on the "customer" mailing list and not the "blog broadcast" list, right?

Another question - what are people doing with that thing in aweber that puts your home address on every email sent??  I don't have anything to hide, but it creeps me out.  Can I just use a fake address or should I get a post office box just for this?  Or is everyone just putting their home address on it and not worrying about the privacy implications?  It seems like an identity thief could use it to screw me over if he doesn't like my emails for some reason.

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »
Another question - what are people doing with that thing in aweber that puts your home address on every email sent??  I don't have anything to hide, but it creeps me out.  Can I just use a fake address or should I get a post office box just for this?  Or is everyone just putting their home address on it and not worrying about the privacy implications?  It seems like an identity thief could use it to screw me over if he doesn't like my emails for some reason.

It's required by federal US law.

I put in a PO BOX in mine.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards

j4mo

• Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 09:40:53 PM »
Jack,

Have you implemented this system or a system like it?

Have you used MailChimp and/or GetResponse to compare with aWeber? I'm using the first two, they work great but you've got me wondering what I am missing. What does aWeber have that these two don't?

monderno

• Apprentice
  • Brandon
    • View Profile
    • Monderno
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
Awesome presentation Jack!

One small thing, ClickBank DOES give you the email address of the person who purchased your product (EBook in this case). Just FYI in case anyone wanted to know.

VideoGameRescue

• Mentor
  • Bring an old friend back to life!
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Rescue
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
I've been procrastinating my eBook and now I'm working on it now  :)
Retro Gaming and bring an old friend back to life!

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »
Jack,

Have you implemented this system or a system like it?

Have you used MailChimp and/or GetResponse to compare with aWeber? I'm using the first two, they work great but you've got me wondering what I am missing. What does aWeber have that these two don't?

I have used MailChimp and it's OK, but one thing I have noticed.

EVERY successful entrepreneur in the digital space uses Aweber.
Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 11:05:07 AM »

I have used MailChimp and it's OK, but one thing I have noticed.

EVERY successful entrepreneur in the digital space uses Aweber.

Not everyone ;)

I know people who use stupid Traffic Wave just because it has an mlm component.  However it is very spammy. I'd be afraid if I was using them that my messages would get blocked by spam filters.

The thing about Aweber is they do a good job of getting your messages delivered. And I have some largish lists on there that get complaints on every email. My percentage is low like .11% or something but Aweber never complains. They know complaints come with large lists and I've never had a problem with them. They've never threated me for spam complaints, and my messages almost always get through.  If they don't get through a spam filter I usually know it's my fault (my content) not Aweber's fault.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
i see constant contact pop up now and again... haven't looked into pricing or features...
Save Our Skills

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 01:19:45 PM »
i see constant contact pop up now and again... haven't looked into pricing or features...

Constant Contact was known for their pretty HTML templates.  It is pretty easy to make fancy newsletter looking html emails.

Back before Aweber had HTML templates almost everyone who wanted pretty stuff used Constant Contact because it was so easy.

I'm not real sure of other features so there may be other reasons to use them.  I would also say there are probably more traditional businesses using Constant Contact and more internet marketing people using Aweber.

There's also another company called "Get Response" I know some people use.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards