January 19, 2018, 01:05:48 PM

Author Topic: Request a Video  (Read 6322 times)

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Request a Video
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
If you have a video you would like to see, post it here and I will see what I can do.

Joshuab

• Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: Request a Video
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »
If you have a video you would like to see, post it here and I will see what I can do.
A couple ideas:

-Designing a Landing Page (key components/parts)
-Setting Goals & Measuring Success (I know it'd be different for every site but some guidelines on what is 'good' for listeners/readers/subscribers in a certain timeframe) and the key measurements of success and how and where to check to gather that data

Thanks,
Joshuab

Aaron P.

• Student
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mozartsgokart
    • View Profile
    • Cupcake Ninja
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 05:26:12 AM »
I second the landing page and goals, not just designing but implementing it.

Exploration of confectionery delights!
http://www.cupcakeninja.net

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:49:27 AM »
Jack,

I really really want to know how to choose keyword phrases for PPC campaigns

Are you using adwords analytics or word tracker? Really need to know the mechanics of this.

I want to launch TheSurvivalChannel w/ a big PPC campaign

-Nick
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »
Nick I can do some stuff on adWords but I don't really use it at this point.  At some point your natural traffic makes doing so unecessary.  But I can do some things.

On landing pages I am on it folks, will get several different ways to do so up soon.

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
I hear what your saying... but you just did a video that said use PPC to generate leads...  so this is something you're telling people to do to get stuff rolling.

Not bustin' balls... just sayin'
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
I hear what your saying... but you just did a video that said use PPC to generate leads...  so this is something you're telling people to do to get stuff rolling.

Not bustin' balls... just sayin'

No you are totally correct.  And yes for me anyway PPC has been just that my initial gas on the fire so to speak.  When I launched TSP I ran a budget of about 250 a month on adWords and about 150 on Stumble.  Likely the campaigns are still just sitting in active in my account.  My only admission here is I can show you how to use adWords and do it effectively but I am not an expert at it. 

The big lesson I can teach is how to tweak your campaigns with negative keywords and the difference between broad, phrase and exact matches along with split testing ads.  Perry Marshal   FYI the below is not an affiliate link and I haven't spoken to Perry in years but this eBook is the guide to being an adWords yoda.

http://www.perrymarshall.com/adwords/

I can't vouch for all the other collateral he sells as modules now but I can tell you the base eBook is a big part of the knowledge that got me my first job in the SEO world.  Most of what I know I know from that book.

To me google has always been my go to at a sites launch, something I develop a core with.  I guess I could use it ongoing but to me once I have my core my time and money are better spent cultivating it.  Think of it this way, if you establish a farm on land that has never been farmed you have to use a lot of effort to get things planted but if you do that once and take the permaculture approach, cultivation becomes the way of life you live and you only plow the field once.

Some people use it like a mono cropper they plow and plow and plow, it does work.  I try to get things growing and then focus on growing organically going forward. 

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »
First of all... repost w/ your affiliate link! ha... why would anyone object to sharing the wealth? I don't understand why people get bent out of shape w/ affiliate links.

Thanks for the resource. I may pick up a copy in the future. My projects are too near to spend hours studying at the moment. I checked w/ my guy we use at work, but his minimum engagement is $400 per month.

Sounds about right.. but remember he is taking a cut. I'll probably just wing it initially and read up on something like this on the side.

You've given me some nice keywords to google such as "negative keywords"

I'm all about organic growth. My facebook has amazing engagement and I'm really active there. Just need to finish some of my platform changes and I can get back to building my site.  I'm regularly getting threads with 40 comments out of 3400 users.. i'm thinking that is pretty good. Now just need to get back to making content. Facebook can become a black hole if you let it.

-Nick

Save Our Skills

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 12:39:54 PM »
First of all... repost w/ your affiliate link! ha... why would anyone object to sharing the wealth? I don't understand why people get bent out of shape w/ affiliate links.

Only because I haven't bothered to set one up.  I am thinking one benefit to the premium membership here may be some discounts like I do for MSB at TSP.  Perry is one of the few people in the "make money niche" whose information I actually trust and don't see is some fast money heat merchant.  I am not really thinking of doing affiliate sales for people like him, more an idea that I might get them to do a discount for members here.

On negative key words it is really simple.  Say you run a campaign for in my instance survival podcast.  It is quite reasonable to believe that you may very well buy the word "survival".  Then you look at your analytics and see someone came from google adWords to your site who searched for "cancer survival", well hell that ain't what your looking for.

Soooooo into the keyword list goes -cancer the minus sign tells google DO NOT show my ad if the word cancer is part of the query.  And now your ad is more efficient.  It helps two ways.

1.  You don't pay for useless clicks

2.  Your ad copy should minimize one above but some people just click they don't really read.  So you do the negatives for that but more importantly many people do read, those that do won't click your ad, this hurts your CTR or click thru rate, the lower the CTR the more you end up having to bid for higher placement.  So the negatives also improve the CTR by making sure people that clearly don't want what you are selling don't see your ads and lower the CTR.

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 12:58:27 PM »
It ties in nicely to a discussion on SEO. .. optimzing for survival seems to be a waste of time. Your better optimizing for the long tail correct?

So in that way PPC seems better optimized for the long tail... but having the ability to do negative keywords brings more power to it than you have w/ SEO

also the long tail will be cheaper w/ higher ROI (i suspect)
Save Our Skills

Mike.SP_Aqua

• Student
    • MSN Messenger - elliottmk@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Springport Aquaponics
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 03:10:46 PM »
Jack,

How about a video on site automation?

I setup my Aweber account (before I heard there was discount) and I have an e-mail capture box on my site.  I have heard you say that every time you publish a page/blog/podcast your website automatically uses the RSS feed to have Aweber send out a round of e-mail updates.  I am missing this link and don't understand how to force Aweber to do this.

Thanks for your time and the knowledge shared by all here.

http://www.springportaquaponics.com
Twitter: @Sp_Aquaponics
Zello: Michigan Aquaponics

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
Jack,

How about a video on site automation?

I setup my Aweber account (before I heard there was discount) and I have an e-mail capture box on my site.  I have heard you say that every time you publish a page/blog/podcast your website automatically uses the RSS feed to have Aweber send out a round of e-mail updates.  I am missing this link and don't understand how to force Aweber to do this.

Thanks for your time and the knowledge shared by all here.

Here is the answer you seek
http://www.aweber.com/faq/questions/183/How+Do+I+Create+a+Blog+Broadcast%3F

You just scratched the surface. You can also have automated email campaigns that email be a series of posts at intervals. Lots of stuff you can do

Here is a book that goes into the techniques in great detail
http://www.amazon.com/ProBlogger-Secrets-Blogging-Six-Figure-Income/dp/0470246677

Save Our Skills

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »
SEO complete - how to turn a blog that gets 16 visits a day to a blog that gets 1600 visits a day... :/  I am FLOUNDERING HERE. :'(
Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 04:51:31 AM »
SEO complete - how to turn a blog that gets 16 visits a day to a blog that gets 1600 visits a day... :/  I am FLOUNDERING HERE. :'(

One bite at a time, brother.

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 06:51:18 AM »
Also... Perhaps you could do a mini series of audio for peptalks for specific issues in entrepreneurship.  I would definitely find value in that.  Something like how to push through being tired and not wanting to get up and blog, not getting the success as fast as you want, pushback from family and friends etc.

I find your philosophical chats to be your best episodes.  Episode 706 - Getting The Life You Want So You Can Live It of TSP is my favorite episode.

Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites