January 19, 2018, 11:07:35 PM

Author Topic: Double Your Audience and Sell Out All Sponsorships in 45 Days or Less.  (Read 11290 times)

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Re: Double Your Audience and Sell Out All Sponsorships in 45 Days or Less.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
In the video did Jack say that to make this program work you needed 500-1000 daily subscribers? Would it work if you had less. I'm only averaging 200 views a day.
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »
I don't know that this plan would work like Jack is saying if you only have 200 subs.

But a free product might be the thing you need to up your subscription rate and to up your brand's presence.

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 06:28:15 PM »
Thank you, Jack. Looking forward to joining your membership site. I can tell it will be worth it.

And thank you, Nick. Thanks for the share. I've already gone and liked your FB page.

RROCQUIN

• Student
    • View Profile
    • The Gun Runner Podcast
    • Email
Is there someone willing to look over this letter to companies that my listeners have chosen. This is draft three and I would love some feedback.

Message text:

The Gun Runner Podcast will hold a contest, the Schools Out Summer Contest to expand listenership and promote products geared towards a diverse and growing audience. During the month of June (2012) The Gun Runner Podcast will conduct blind product reviews. The products to be reviewed have been selected by my listening community as well as other firearms podcasters. Every week day during the first twenty-five minutes of the show I will review a product. This is the first half of the contest and will create a broad exposure to the reviewed product but also exposure for the manufacturers as well.  Listeners will be asked to share the day

Sicone

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
I love this idea. I am no where near the numbers to make this work like Jack said but my brain hampsters are running. I'm going to change it to work for me and do it. If it fails screw it better to try and know one way not to do it again.  Thanks Jack

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »
My sites one year aniversery is coming up. I have decided that this is how I'm going to celebrate and thank my fans for sticking around.

I'm going to start contacting companies tomorrow. Anyone have anything specific I should include when I proposition them?
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

Sicone

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 04:14:57 AM »
Gunpreparedness I sent out very basic letters copied and pasted. I included the details of the promotion. Asked if they had any product they would be willing to send for review and Facebook giveaway. With the requirement of having both pages liked and sharing. I emailed about 20 companies with the end goal of trying to get 5 of them for weekly Fridays giveaway. I have met the 5 (with still more companies still replying back) commitment  goals. Also don't be afraid to reach out to the big name companies. The majority of my replies came from pretty big companies one with about 200k facebook fans. Thanks again Jack!

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:01 PM »
Unfortunately for me it was a bust. I contacted 40-50 companies and haven't got 5 responces. I decided to continue woth the contest, just in a smaller form. I'm running if for one week.

Ill let you guys know how it goes.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
I'm considering doing this, but on a smaller scale. However, I'm leaving for South Africa for 6months and I will only have 3G internet access at night. I leave in 3 weeks. Do you think it's possible to do this?! I was thinking 5 companies and giving away all 5 products during one week.

My thinking is that it will be too damn late when I get back, 6 months from now to do this.

What do you guys think, should I wait or go for it?
Agricultrual Insights a blog dedicated to sustainable agriculture and grazing.

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
I recently tried the contest and it was an epic fail. I was going to do 15 days, but I could not get sponsors and ended up narrowing it to 5 days.

I contacted about 60 companies telling them what I was doing trying to get them to donate a prize. I tweeted about it and announced it just like Jack said to. I had 2 companies respond with prizes. I had one respond from the tweet. An advertiser gave me some products to give away and I used them as part of the contest. And I ended up buying an expensive holster for the fifth prize.

I totally messed it up. I ended up having to ship everything and I only got about 50 entries and were on the last night.

First off my audiance was not big enough. Secondly 45 days was not nearly enough time. Even though I shortened it, still was not enough time.  Third 5 days is not enough time for people to find out about it and jump on board. It needs more time. I think 15-20 days like Jack said to do.

I'm going to possibly try again near Christmas, but I will more than likely wait till next fall. This contest in reality has set me back instead of moving me forward.

Just sharing my experiences so everyone can learn.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
I recently tried the contest and it was an epic fail. I was going to do 15 days, but I could not get sponsors and ended up narrowing it to 5 days.

I contacted about 60 companies telling them what I was doing trying to get them to donate a prize. I tweeted about it and announced it just like Jack said to. I had 2 companies respond with prizes. I had one respond from the tweet. An advertiser gave me some products to give away and I used them as part of the contest. And I ended up buying an expensive holster for the fifth prize.

I totally messed it up. I ended up having to ship everything and I only got about 50 entries and were on the last night.

First off my audiance was not big enough. Secondly 45 days was not nearly enough time. Even though I shortened it, still was not enough time.  Third 5 days is not enough time for people to find out about it and jump on board. It needs more time. I think 15-20 days like Jack said to do.

I'm going to possibly try again near Christmas, but I will more than likely wait till next fall. This contest in reality has set me back instead of moving me forward.

Just sharing my experiences so everyone can learn.

That's a good learning experience for us, so thank you for trying. How much traffic do you have? There is so much I want to do, but I can't due to a small amount of traffic, at least that's what I think anyway. I'm now at 80 unique visitors a day. Also, how connected are you with people on Facebook and Twitter. I formed a few good relationships with people on twitter who have a lot of followers. I give them help, and encouragement without trying to "sell" them anything. Then, when I need help with promotion or something I ask them for help. Some of them have 3,000+ followers and they are basically marketing for me.

Any other tips or advice?
Agricultrual Insights a blog dedicated to sustainable agriculture and grazing.

VideoGameRescue

• Mentor
  • Bring an old friend back to life!
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Rescue
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 02:07:05 PM »
Mine starts Oct 1st and I will let you all know! I also used Save Our Skills sign up sheet.

Can you see my first post about the contest here: www.VideoGameRescue.com/OctoberContest
Retro Gaming and bring an old friend back to life!

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »
According to awstats I'm getting 500 visitors a day as an average. I'm not on Facebook much and have about 40 likes. I'm on Twitter about as much as I'm awake. I have around 1700 followers. Since the contest has ended I have had around 50 try to enter. I finally took down the form so no one else will try.

For my next attempt I want at least 1200 visitors according to awstats. I would also test the market with smaller contests, even if you have to come up with the prize on your own.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

VideoGameRescue

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Rescue
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »
It looks like it's starting to get some steam. I have the first weeks items in line and Im starting to get some emails from vendors asking to give away. I really want to see this go full steam all the way through October. Do you think everyone can help retweet and repost my stuff to help?

VideoGameRescue

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Rescue
    • Email