January 19, 2018, 10:56:00 PM

Author Topic: Google Adsense Questions: RPM/eCPM  (Read 2208 times)

Richard

• Apprentice
  • Cheating Death and Fighting Communism
    • View Profile
    • BlueSheepdog.com
Google Adsense Questions: RPM/eCPM
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »
Hi all,

I have a Google Adsense question that puzzles me.  I searched around on the Google help site & the 'net in general, but cannot find a reasonable answer.

What is the difference between "AdSense Revenue/1000 Visits" and "AdSense eCPM"?  I thought they were the same, and if I am reading the help docs right, they should be the same.  Yet, when I look at AdSense info in Analytics, I get a significant difference:

Just FYI, the data on this site has shown a similarly wide margin each month.  Also, traffic to the site is more than 100k pageviews/month, so I am not dealing with very small traffic numbers that might skew the math.  FWIW, the eCPM seems to match with my pageviews and actual revenue.

Is the "AdSense Revenue/1000 Visits" what people are paying in AdWords to advertise on my site?  That would be a useful number to reference when selling ads.

Any insight is appreciated!

-Richard
Dad, husband, cop and defender of The Wall.  If you are interested in firearms, self defense, or police stuff, check out my websites BlueSheepdog.com and GunsHolstersAndGear.com.

plumber4200

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Bluetooth Car Stereo Reviews
    • Email
Re: Google Adsense Questions: RPM/eCPM
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »
I must admit that i am only a year into affiliate marketing but i though that eCPM was per 100 clicks.  I am probably wrong...my wife tells me I usually am!

pat

David Galloway

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • David Galloway
    • Email
Re: Google Adsense Questions: RPM/eCPM
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »
CPM is Cost Per Mille(1,000), M is the roman numeral for 1,000. Wikipedia.

Not sure the answer to your question. I haven't started playing with AdSense yet.