January 21, 2018, 02:17:49 AM

Author Topic: How to Search Google Anonymously?  (Read 2126 times)

Joshuab

• Mentor
    • View Profile
How to Search Google Anonymously?
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:53:51 AM »
This may be a stupid question... I want to seach my keywords and see how I rank but I'm afraid that my past searches and selections are changing the rankings.

Is this possible?  If so, how can I fix it?

joshuab

SPayne

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Prepstead Blog
    • Email
Re: How to Search Google Anonymously?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:35:44 AM »
With google's new policies just log into google and you will search through the ssl version of google. If you haven't already noticed the (not provided) keywords in your analytics that's where they are coming from, my understanding from what I have read on it so far about the ssl searches by logged in google users.

Other than that I have no idea, not sure if the plugin that helps remove admin visits from the analytics works on searches or not, my guess would be no though.

I don't worry about that, I figure searching my own site should help the rankings, but with the personalized searches I don't think it really matters.

--Shawn

Pathfinder

• Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
I used to use Scroogle until Google blacklisted them. Scroogle did not pas any information on to Google and thus "hid" you.

I am now trying Startpage, which ostensibly does not record or pass on your url either.

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 06:24:43 AM »
I am using Google chrome's incognito function for that. It's working great.
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Richard

• Apprentice
  • Cheating Death and Fighting Communism
    • View Profile
    • BlueSheepdog.com
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »
I am using Google chrome's incognito function for that. It's working great.

I'm not sure incognito does anything to hide you from them.  For example, type in "auto mechanic" and see if you get results local to your area.  I do.

I think incognito is designed to keep other users of your computer from finding out where you have been, keeping your banking password from being recorded locally, etc.

-Richard
Dad, husband, cop and defender of The Wall.  If you are interested in firearms, self defense, or police stuff, check out my websites BlueSheepdog.com and GunsHolstersAndGear.com.

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 12:47:35 PM »
Yeah but here in Sweden I get different results than you. Also I've noticed that you'll get other results if you're using Internet Explorer than chrome or firefox. But I found that I got the same stuff on other pc's outside my home network aswell so.

I found that startpage.com can be a "little behind" so it can't be trusted for watching your seo ranking. Also use webmaster tools from google and submit your sitemap.xml there. You'll se all the ranking numbers there
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Supes

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Resolution Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 10:48:07 PM »
Few options. Try a proxy. You can use a site like hidemyass.com, or use something like Hostpotshield. It channels your traffic through another IP so it looks like you're someone you're physically not. For example, I use hotpot shield and if I go to speedtest.net it shows my location to be in California (I'm actually in WI). It also shows me with a different IP.

It's not going to stop certain, um, organizations from tracking you but for stuff like that, It should work fine.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's impossible to verify their origin.
-Abe Lincoln
www.resolutionseniors.com