October 21, 2017, 04:52:56 PM

Author Topic: Weekend Content Fillers for Weekends: Microcasts  (Read 1102 times)

Raptor1

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • The Family Podcast Network
    • Email
Weekend Content Fillers for Weekends: Microcasts
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:59:11 PM »
I've noticed that Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays are my biggest traffic days.  I am a family man and as such I like to keep my weekends free for work around the house, time with my wife, and time with my kids.  However, I wanted to find some way to kick out some simple content that people can see even on Saturdays without jeopardizing too much or any time with my family. 

While tinkering around in iTunes App Store I found an App called Microcast (free).  It allows me to do Microcasts (or micro podcasts) and then post to Facebook and Twitter with some text blurb.  Fast, easy, and I can drop my website in there just for repetition.  All in all, it take approximately 2 minutes to do all of it from recording to posting and offers pseudo-content on my days "off."  I try to connect it with a podcast topic I've covered recently with the addendum "you need to check this episode out."

MegaShark

• Student
    • View Profile
    • SharkFOO
Re: Weekend Content Fillers for Weekends: Microcasts
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:00:16 PM »
Another great way to publish stuff on your days off is, if you're using Wordpress, and possibly other platforms, is to schedule the post to publish on whatever date you want...

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
Re: Weekend Content Fillers for Weekends: Microcasts
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »
I've used the app "ipadio" for this sort of functionality. It can push to an RSS feed which you can offer via itunes. Also it has a call in number if you don't have a smart phone and can't use the app

-Nick
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!