January 19, 2018, 10:51:06 PM

Author Topic: Past book reviews and Amazon  (Read 1200 times)

Ian

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Weapons
    • Email
Past book reviews and Amazon
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »
I've been doing book reviews weekly for a couple months now, and linking to the titles through my Amazon affiliate. I've noticed that any sales I get on the books almost always come in the first couple days after my review - people aren't seeing the reviews once they scroll of the front page of the blog. I want to keep traffic going to those older reviews, so that my Amazon commissions continue to go up as I do more and more reviews. So I put together a "Forgotten Weapons Library" page this morning, cataloging all the books I've either reviewed of linked to on the site. The Library is prominently linked on my left sidebar where it will get seen a lot.

Amazon has a very nice interface for tracking conversions, so I should be able to easily see if this is effective way to push more traffic back to older affiliate links. Hopefully, people will like browsing the Library and will be more likely to buy a book when they see a whole bunch of options listed.

Just an idea for everyone else - I'll report back in a couple weeks on how well it has worked.

Joshuab

• Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: Past book reviews and Amazon
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 11:00:57 PM »
Good idea Ian.
I think I'll steal it!  ;)

joshuab

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
Re: Past book reviews and Amazon
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »
Ian,
Did you also have a book widget too or just the reviews in a post?

Great idea, btw.

Thanks,
Mil