January 19, 2018, 10:52:01 PM

Author Topic: Host Gator and Amazon affiliate questions  (Read 1301 times)

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
Host Gator and Amazon affiliate questions
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
Ok, Host Gator question, If I am set up as an affiliate, can I use my own link to buy more hosting? Would that then pay me for a referral?

Amazon question, I live in the state of NC. It is one of the states that will not allow Amazon affiliates. Does anyone have any other options?

Thanks for the help, this forum is really awesome. You guys have helped me out a ton, both with nuts and bolts of blogging, and some really great motivation.
I hope that I can give back even a small part of what I have got from everyone, truly, THANK YOU!
Charles  ;D
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Host Gator and Amazon affiliate questions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »
Don't know on HG never tried to buy from myself but if you NEED more hosting why not try it they are the best deal anyway if you get a commission so much the better. 

On Amazon, you could set up a Delaware LLC or something like that but USE a lawyer and don't do it just for Amazon.  You then would need a Delaware virtual office complete with a mailing address all mail then still comes to NC via routing. 

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
Re: Host Gator and Amazon affiliate questions
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »
Thanks Jack,
As far as HG, that is what I am going to do.

I think I will just hold off on Amazon for now. It sounds like a lot of hassle for not a lot of return. I feel like my efforts will be better spent elsewhere. Not only that, we have been looking for BOL in western NC, so that might bleed over into Tennessee. So the problem might just solve itself.

BTW, are you still coming to Asheville, NC in March? At one time you said it might not happen, and I have not heard anything since. 

Thanks Again!
Charles
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership