February 20, 2018, 07:25:59 AM

Author Topic: Uploading to YouTube  (Read 1263 times)

Alfonso Crawford

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Alfonso Crawford, the Slackerjack
Uploading to YouTube
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:52:53 AM »
What format do you all use to upload to YouTube? I've tried AVI, and and an FLV file made by the official Adobe Media Encoder, and neither works: the former fails outright, and the latter fails at 95% conversion. I'm trying AME's H.264 format (with the "YouTube Widescreen HD" setting) next, but I figure asking you all while the processing carries on would be a wise use of time.

By the way, no; YouTube's tech support provided little to no insight on the matter. >:(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:36:42 PM by Alfonso Crawford »
Alfonso Crawford, the Slackerjack - Quick programming tips, bad art, and general nonsense
ITECH PLUS - Vinyl Signs and Thermal Printing

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
Re: Uploading to YouTube
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:56:14 AM »
I've used flv, avi and also H264 mkv. What I've noticed is that Youtube has problem with virtual bitrate audio, the mp3, aac or whatever audio encoding you use must be constant bitrate (CBR). Because if you use VBR the audio will get out of sync.

Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »
I've been uploading mp4's thru oneload.com. (It used to be tube mogul.)

You can use One Load to upload a video and then distribute it to all your other video sites. In other words, I upload my video once and it shows up on my YouTube and Vimeo channels.

Alfonso Crawford

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Alfonso Crawford, the Slackerjack
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »
I've found that converting AVIs to F4V, which doesn't take terribly long in AME; CBR, one pass. Uploading to YouTube is quick, too! ;D

If I get to a point where I've got accounts in multiple video-networks, I'll give One Load a try~
Alfonso Crawford, the Slackerjack - Quick programming tips, bad art, and general nonsense
ITECH PLUS - Vinyl Signs and Thermal Printing

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »
Choice "Internet HD 720p" under MainConcept AVC/AAC (*.mp4) on Sony Vegas File->Render As.

Prior to using Vegas I had some occasional luck with WMV.  A lot of it depends on what resolution your camera is recording as.