January 21, 2018, 02:38:56 AM

Author Topic: Trade show flyer  (Read 1702 times)

Ian

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Weapons
    • Email
Trade show flyer
« on: January 18, 2012, 07:16:21 AM »
So, I'm heading off to the SHOT show tomorrow - a really big gun industry trade show. I have a couple interviews scheduled, and it will be a great time for me personally and hopefully I'll find some cool stuff to post about on the blog. But in addition, I'm hoping to come back with at least a couple new advertisers. To help make my pitch stick in peoples' minds (because you're too busy at a good trade show to remember everything without a document), I put together this flyer :

Joshuab

• Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: Trade show flyer
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:17:14 AM »
Very nice flyer!

Good luck Ian.

David Galloway

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • David Galloway
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
Great flyer, thanks for sharing with us!

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »
I'm a little too late on this comment, but maybe have a 1 month or week trial option for people who might be interested but just want to test it first.

Also if I'm a business owner I might want a banner ad but I don't know anyone who does graphics... so you might want to have an answer for that one.  I don't know what the right answer is, but maybe you could price some graphics designers for them.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:52:52 PM by r00tbeer »

Ian

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Weapons
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 08:06:11 AM »
The flyer isn't a standalone, so I don't need it to explain everything. At a big show like this, you never remember what you spoke to people about unless you have a written reminder; hence the flyer. As far as banner design, I'm not much for it, but I did make one of my advertisers' banners, and helped on the other. So I can help out with that if it's an issue.

As far as a shorter trial period, I don't really want to deal with having a deal for less than 3 months. If someone just wants a short trial, a product review would be a better way to do it.

Rourke

• Student
    • View Profile
    • ModernSurvivalOnline - Thoughts on Survival and the World Today
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
One thing - I am way undercharging apparently.

Thanks for sharing.

Rourke

Ian

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Weapons
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:19:49 PM »
FWIW, I cut my rates significantly for my first two sponsors. But I know the site will keep growing, and I tihnk the first two are the most difficult to get. So I think the next round of advertisers will be easier to get, and I don't want to lock in a full year at a low rate. I had some really positive reactions from potential sponsors today at SHOT - I'll have to do the requisite followup and see how many commitments I can get.

I would love to hear what some other folks are asking/getting for ad banners - I am kind of winging it with my pricing.

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 01:52:54 PM »
Congrats on the sponsors!  I don't have enough visitors to have ads on my site.

Did you ever see one of those build-your-own-gatling-gun kit ads?  That might be something you could review on your site (although it is not forgotten, you can buy it today!)  It is a gatling gun that shoots .22 and apparently is legal to own.