February 20, 2018, 07:22:13 AM

Author Topic: Getting complaints  (Read 769 times)

Chris Ray

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Christian
    • Email
Getting complaints
« on: January 13, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
I made it a goal this year to post 4-5 times a week and have done it so far.  I have had 15 or so people unsubscribe, which isn’t that big of a deal, but some of them are reporting me as spam to their ISP, at least that is what the mouse over on complaints at AWebber says.  I’m using the confirmed opt-in, so they have to take two actions to sign up.  The updates have been Monday through Thursday and haven’t been fluff just for the sake of posting.

Should I be concerned?  Can this negatively impact me if it keeps up?
http://preparedchristian.net/
Being Prudent In Today's World

rudyk

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Preparing Your Family
    • Email
Re: Getting complaints
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:27:05 PM »
get used to it.  Lots of people use the spam button as a shortcut to unsubscribing.

I usually get one or two folks per broadcast that hit the spam button.  Such is life!

From what I can tell Aweber doesn't worry too much unless you show a pattern of high numbers with a larger list.  They know the percentages are off when you have a smaller list.

PS:  Use single opt-in!  If you want to know why, search your subscriber count for folks that opted in but don't confirm.  Amazingly high.  I switched a year and a half or so ago and I have not once gotten a complaint about it, and I have about twenty lists in five different niches.
My main blog is Preparing Your Family

Chris Ray

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Christian
    • Email
Re: Getting complaints
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »
excellent answer, thank you.

Switching to single opt in is good advice, I'll look into it.

Thank you
http://preparedchristian.net/
Being Prudent In Today's World