January 21, 2018, 02:39:27 AM

Author Topic: FeedBurner and iTunes  (Read 1396 times)

IndependentJo

• Student
  • Walk with me to self sufficency.
    • View Profile
    • IndependentJo
    • Email
FeedBurner and iTunes
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:45:52 AM »
I use blip.tv to host all of my audio and video files. Blip.tv has my video files in multiple formats (for low def, high def, etc etc). It also creates a audio version of my podcast.

On my wordpress site I simply imbed my videos into my post using the YouTube imbedding code. I do the same with the audio file using podpress to imbed the audio version.

So none of my content is hosted on my wordpress site it just shows it as an imbed.

Feedburner looks at my wordpress site and shows the video and audio files as it should.

My question is can I submit my feed burner feed to iTunes? Will it recognize the video files? Will it also recognize the audio version and make those available?

Also if that does work how do I also tell iTunes to make the other video formats available?

IndependentJo

• Student
  • Walk with me to self sufficency.
    • View Profile
    • IndependentJo
    • Email
Re: FeedBurner and iTunes
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:14:27 AM »
Okay I have adjusted my technique a bit and I think many will benefit from doing this.

Here is the setup:

1. Blip.TV is the best hosting I can find for videos. I upload my single video file and it automatically creates a HD, SD, and Audio version of the video. It also posts my video to my YouTube channel. This is huge! I no longer have to convert my video files to different qualities or to an audio version.

2. I have stopped using the PodPress plugin for WordPress and now use BluBrrys PowerPress. What this allows me to do is imbed each version of my content that Blip.TV created for me. I do not have to show each of the imbedded versions of the content on the wordpress post but it does add them to separate feed urls.

3. Now that I have a HD, SD, and Audio version of my podcast and a feed for each of them I can have three different iTunes channels! One for IndependentJo HD, one for IndependentJo SD, and one for IndependentJo Audio.
Now if you go into iTunes and search for IndependentJo you will see all three channels available for your choosing. BluBrry also shows you your iTunes traffic for each of your channels.

Well thats how I have my video podcast now setup. Please take a look at the site and the podcast in iTunes and let me know what you think.