February 20, 2018, 07:26:48 AM

Author Topic: Aweber use for newsletters  (Read 770 times)

Rourke

• Student
    • View Profile
    • ModernSurvivalOnline - Thoughts on Survival and the World Today
Aweber use for newsletters
« on: January 08, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »
Alright  - I have been using Aweber for a little over a month trying to put together a newsletter. So far - my experience has been terrible. Main problems have been formatting and trying to get the newsletter to look how I want. Seems very difficult to use.

Does anyone else have an opinion? I ended up creating a pdf newsletter on open Office and using Aweber to email it out. I really would prefer to create a template and have all content in the Aweber mailing itself.

Thanks - Rourke

rudyk

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Preparing Your Family
    • Email
Re: Aweber use for newsletters
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:17:05 AM »
Most folks I know don't use them for clean formatting.  Most of the time that requires images, and most email readers block them by default, which is one of the bigger issues with it.

From what I can tell a standard practice is to send out a straight text message that redirects to the website where you control everything.
My main blog is Preparing Your Family

Rourke

• Student
    • View Profile
    • ModernSurvivalOnline - Thoughts on Survival and the World Today
Re: Aweber use for newsletters
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I know Jack swears by them - and many, many people use it and their emails look great. I must be missing something.

Pretty frustrating as I have well over 1,000 subscribers and am struggling to put togehter content in the email. Hope to work on it this weekend and find a resolution.

Anyone else here use Aweber?

Rourke