January 19, 2018, 10:52:39 PM

Author Topic: 'Affiliates We Use' Survey  (Read 1739 times)

angarlo

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Forecasting For Business
'Affiliates We Use' Survey
« on: January 07, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
If you use an affiliate method for generating revenue please put up a short post for us

Affiliiate product: eg software
Reward Structure: eg commission for each sale generated
Why you like it: eg simple setup

Lets focus on NON pay per click type advertising programme

jrj

• Mentor
  • Recovering serial entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • jrjBlog
Re: 'Affiliates We Use' Survey
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »
Squarespace.com - web hosting and content management as a service.

Excellent affiliate program, they pay VERY well (like $50 for signing someone up.) Also, conversions are very high because they don't require a credit card to sign up, people can build a site and get attached to it during the 2 week trial. It's a good service (I've used it for a couple of high-traffic sites) so I don't feel like I'm misleading viewers-- other than the fact that I think it is a bit over-priced, I can stand behind it.
--- JRJ : Adobe PM, former Microsoftie, recovering serial entrepreneur, Geek.
       http://www.jrj.org | http://twitter.jrj.org | http://facebook.jrj.org

BillFoster

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Hi, jrj,
Pricy is the word. They are 3x higher than Hostgator, but it looks like they have some perks. Has anyone used both to compare?
Bill
Walking the road to 100k

angarlo

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Forecasting For Business
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:30:29 AM »
oDesk have an affiliate program that pays well

Affiliiate product: Outsourcing
Reward Structure: commission for each job poster ($50 each one that verifies a payment method) or job seeker lead ($0.50)
Why you like it: Have never used it so cant say

jackspirko

• Administrator
  • Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »
Gonna break the rules because I feel if you are asking for this you need to see these two networks.

LinkShare - http://www.linkshare.com/
Commission Junction - http://www.cj.com/

I can't follow the format because inside each one are thousands of programs and each has their own specific payouts and what have you.  The thing is I don't care what you niche is you will find something here to promote. 

I am currently promoting

Sony Software
Craft Beer Club
Personalization Mall
And Tiger Direct

Via these two networks on FMwJ.  I have gotten sales for Tiger, Sony and Craft beer.  Not enough to warrant a check yet but its a start and it is good for you guys to see me start something from a 0 as well anyway.

What is selling very well is HostGator and there is a lesson there.  I am totally obsessed and passionate with HG as I recommend it to you guys.  I am 100% convinced I couldn't make a better recommendation then them for a new person buying hosting due to the support factor alone.  So much so that they are the ONE and only ONE affiliate banner I have at Survival Podcast.  Their program shows me which site refers my sales so I know in January I sold 20 accounts  and 14 were from Five Minutes with Jack. 

Now if you sell 1-5 for HG you get 50 bucks a sale.  But when you break 10 in a month it goes up to 100, so FMwJ just turned a 1400 dollar profit in its first real month of operation.  Not bad. 

The big lesson here is that it is great that a company pays good, converts "good" etc but what works best is passion.  I am coming to the conclusion that I will only have about 5 affiliate programs at FMwJ and they will all be ones I feel as strongly about as HG.  Aweber will make the cut, CraftBeer so far is really cool.  Sony we will see, I love the product but does my audience need it is the other side of the coin.  Tiger Direct will make it though I haven't sold anything for them as of yet.  They are awesome I have purchased thousands of dollars of gear from them over the years and they always deliver.  I will be adding RoboForm next week.

So a directory like this RULES, we will likely sticky it if it gets enough posts, but the key is find something you really believe in and sell it with your belief and your passion. 

Richard

• Apprentice
  • Cheating Death and Fighting Communism
    • View Profile
    • BlueSheepdog.com
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 12:00:58 AM »
Hi, jrj,
Pricy is the word. They are 3x higher than Hostgator, but it looks like they have some perks. Has anyone used both to compare?
Bill

Near as I can tell, a SquareSpace site is virtually impossible to bring down due to traffic.  I listen to a few tech podcasts, and Leo Laporte on TWIT has brought down many sites by mentioning some product or service to his live audience.  All of those viewers/listeners rushing to that site at once bring the site down.  However, he has tried to do the same thing with SquareSpace sites, and they seem to be rock solid.  That may be worth the extra money for a serious site.

-Richard
Dad, husband, cop and defender of The Wall.  If you are interested in firearms, self defense, or police stuff, check out my websites BlueSheepdog.com and GunsHolstersAndGear.com.

j4mo

• Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:51 AM »
I'm going to break the rules too. It might pay to checkout ClickBank, they have a massive army of vendors that offer from 60-70% commission on [mostly] digital products. Commission comes in the form of direct deposit every week. I like them because as an affiliate the vendors fight to offer the best product in the niche and fight by raising commission. As a vendor there is a swarm of affiliates that will pickup and put ads for your product in every corner of the internet.