January 19, 2018, 10:55:30 PM

Author Topic: A way for free advertising?  (Read 1155 times)

midatlantic

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Helping people in the Mid-Atlantic region realize their gardening potential
    • Email
A way for free advertising?
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
Here's an idea for free advertising that I'm sure isn't mine alone but I think it will work. I know that Jack and others often talk about writing guest posts on other people's blogs. What I am in the process of doing is contacting editors of those little free magazines that are at grocery store entrances. Some of the ones that I have contacted include Natural Awakenings and Boomer Magazine. My theory is that if I can get an article in these mags and have them list my website, I may be able to build traffic that way. I've also contacted publishers for other paid magazines to see about writing a guest article. My website, www.midatlanticgardening.com, deals with gardening so I'm fortunate that most magazines touch on the topic in some fashion or another.

What are other ways that you are working on driving traffic to your website besides SEO and social media. I'd love to hear what everyone else is doing. Happy New Year!

Stacey
http://midatlanticgardening.com

Change is not necessary - survival is not mandatory.
W. Edwards Deming