November 23, 2017, 09:53:15 PM

Author Topic: Facebook Friends  (Read 71513 times)

triangletactical

• Student
    • View Profile
Facebook Friends
« on: March 23, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »
Hey Everyone,
It's been a while since there's been much activity here, but I still keep in touch with a few of you, and value your opinion.

Recently, I've begun getting Facebook Friend requests from my readers/listeners. On one had, I like to keep some of my personal life personal, but on the other hand, with the way Facebook has been changing things for fan pages, having my biggest fans on my personal page may be a good way to build relationships and keep them coming back.

What say you?

pmccloud

• Student
    • View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuy.net
    • Email
Re: Facebook Friends
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 06:52:04 AM »
Having some of your biggest fans on your personal page sounds good, but what happens when either you get big enough that it becomes a problem, or someone who isn't your biggest fan gets on your personal page?

Although I don't use Facebook much for my personal stuff, mostly just my blog, I think keeping the two separated is a good idea, even with Facebook constantly messing with what people see from peoples pages.

average_guy

• Student
    • View Profile
    • WP Round Table
Re: Facebook Friends
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:45:43 AM »
My general way of dealing with this is that it's someone I've interacted with in the past and seems like someone I'd like, I accept.  You're right about FB changing a lot lately.  I've just decided that anything even remotely personal doesn't need to be on FB anymore, so I don't really worry about who sees my stuff on FB.