January 18, 2018, 03:37:40 PM

Author Topic: My new sites ranking is exremely low?  (Read 1020 times)

Supes

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Resolution Photography
My new sites ranking is exremely low?
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »
Hey guys! Haven't been here in a few months, hope all is well!

Anyways, have a new website, resolutionweddings.com I bought the domain name a year ago and since I wasn't using it, I had redirect sitting on it sending it over to my other site (resolutionseniors.com). About a month ago I removed that redirect and built up the website, have lots of content, images with alt tags with the keywords I want ("green bay wedding photographer" stuff like that), all that fun stuff.
resolutionweddings.com

Well it's been sitting there for two weeks and has zero traffic. That long tail term was picked because there is such little competition for it and should have been an easy snag. I looked through the first ten pages on google and didn't see my site anywhere! Heck, even if specifically google a whole sentence from my site in quotes, it doesn't show up. Does anyone know what's wrong? I did the webmaster google tools to make sure my site isn't red flagged for malware and it's clean.

It's very frustrating when on page 5 there are sites that aren't in any way even close to matching those search terms and they're obviously ranking much higher than my finely tailored page. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's impossible to verify their origin.
-Abe Lincoln
www.resolutionseniors.com

pmccloud

• Student
    • View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuy.net
    • Email
Re: My new sites ranking is exremely low?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 01:22:29 PM »
It looks like Google knows about it, since if I put in resolutionweddings.com into Google, it lists pages for your site.

Maybe ask Google to crawl it:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1352276

Do you have any other sites linking to your new site?