January 18, 2018, 03:30:41 PM

Author Topic: LONG TIME NO SEE! An update about my journey  (Read 1278 times)

VideoGameRescue

• Mentor
  • Bring an old friend back to life!
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Rescue
    • Email
LONG TIME NO SEE! An update about my journey
« on: August 15, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »
Hello fellow gamers!!! A little over a year ago I took a crazy chance and bought a video game store at a local flea market. This store has changed my life in so many ways! A few months after buying the store I left my job (working for the man) and pursued this dream of mine full time. I took this dirty, run-down store and made it into the best that it can be. See what the store looked like one year ago and see the panorama I took this past week..

I am really trying to help build a local game collecting community in Jacksonville and I think I am making some headway. I have regulars that make an appearance each weekend and buy/trade. I have also built a name for myself by being the only person in town that will take EVERYTHING video game related. Video games are not the only thing that I sell at the store now. I have slowly started to add vintage toys, board games, memorabilia and other geek awesomeness.
I love this place and want nothing more but share my passion with the world. With that being said, I am running out of room at the flea market and need to take the next step to opening a retail location. Several months ago I started taking classes about business and started meeting with a business adviser. I have written my business plan, saved a few dollars and gathered inventory. It is now time to open a retail location! /excited This will give us a lot more room and we can be open up seven days a week! YAY! I still need a little more help getting the funds needed to open the store. My adviser suggested that I start an IndieGoGo campaign to crowdfund the remaining funds needed. I want this post to be more about an update on my store than a plea for $. I do not want anyone to feel obligated to donate and I want to thank everyone here for all the support!

Youtube video: http://youtu.be/guY2c_AXuok
Retro Gaming and bring an old friend back to life!