January 18, 2018, 03:35:26 PM

Author Topic: My Son's Kickstarter Project Sucessful  (Read 1111 times)

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
My Son's Kickstarter Project Sucessful
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:07:31 PM »
Last November, my oldest son decided to make the transition from employee to self-employed. 
He is an open source programmer.  Issue is he must market and promote his services along with doing the actual work.  And when one job ends you must have a new project ready to go.

With 4-6 weeks left to go with his current client, he came up with a month long project he wanted to develop.  Within 27 hours his project was funded, along with a job offer to continue his project while working for another company.  He declined the offer, wanting to stay independent. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creationix/js-git   He is thinking next time he will ask for more $ and finance a longer term project.   

He never has a shortage of job offers, and several have wanted to build start up companies around his expertise.  His theory is that if his skills are that valuable, he can succeed on his own.  I can remember many years back discussions we'd have on ways to earn income writing code which you give away. 

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
Re: My Son's Kickstarter Project Sucessful
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:21:37 AM »
That's awesome!