July 24, 2017, 02:33:03 PM

Author Topic: Prepper Politics site critique  (Read 2086 times)

atglover0818

• Student
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - alex_glover@att.net
    • View Profile
    • Prepper Politics
    • Email
Prepper Politics site critique
« on: March 20, 2013, 10:22:23 AM »
Please go to my site at http://prepperpolitics.com and give me a review.  It's a Wordpress site.  I'd be really interested in your opinions on what I can do to bring in more readers.  My goal is to make that site my sole income.  I'd like to know about the layout, content, or whatever else you think I can improve on.

Thanks!
Alex
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:24:22 AM by atglover0818 »

average_guy

• Student
    • View Profile
    • WP Round Table
Re: Prepper Politics site critique
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 03:16:31 PM »
Sorry it's taken so long to get a response.  I'm one of the guilty parties who don't come in all that often anymore, but I have been in since you posted this and I just didn't come to this section.  All-in-all, I'd say your site looks great.  The only thing I might recommend is cleaning up a little clutter.  For example, you have the "Share This" buttons on the homepage.  I might consider getting rid of them there, because who's actually going to share before they've opened and read your post?  I would also consider getting rid of the tags from under your post.  The reason for this is that there's a lot of space under each post that is taken up by these things that are not really usable.  Maybe throw the tags off in the widget area so people can find older posts of interest.  I would want people to see as much of my content as possible on my home page.  If you can see the opening line or two of the second post it may encourage people to scroll down and become more engaged. 

But that's really the only thing I can think of.  Looks like you're off to a great start. 

I am wondering, however, why you stuck with WordPress.com instead of going self hosted.  My understanding is you have to pay WordPress.com more than hosting would cost to put ads on your site.  Just curious.

Good luck!