January 16, 2018, 03:10:32 PM

Author Topic: Multiple domains better than one?  (Read 1127 times)

Supes

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Resolution Photography
Multiple domains better than one?
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »
Hey everyone! For SEO is it better to have a few different sites or one big one?

I'm a photographer who does a mix of seniors, weddings, and commercial artwork. Right now everything is all on one domain and it's getting a little... crowded. I'm considering buying and making individual sites for each side of photography.

My idea will be something like ***seniors.com ***weddings.com ****blog.com ***art.com. My current page has a decent amount of link power right now so I'm going to keep that domain and turn it into a simple landing page that can direct you to the specific site you're looking for. It'll make theming and branding easier on my end but I'm wondering if that'll be a positive on the seo side of things? I would have links back and forth so if you're on the blogsite you can easily go straight to the wedding page ect.

Let me know your thoughts on something like this, I have strong google-fu but had no idea how to phrase that question. lol. Thanks team!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's impossible to verify their origin.
-Abe Lincoln
www.resolutionseniors.com

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
Re: Multiple domains better than one?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:58:22 AM »
I can't say which would be best.  Great question.

Because your existing domain is doing well, you can set up separate sub-domains or folders on your current domain and each area have it's own wordpress site.  ***.com/weddings   or seniors.***.com