January 19, 2018, 10:44:08 PM

Author Topic: Video Editing Software  (Read 1658 times)

VideoGameRescue

• Mentor
  • Bring an old friend back to life!
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Rescue
    • Email
Video Editing Software
« on: December 25, 2011, 01:54:44 PM »
What video editing software do you use? I'm currently using the software that came with my flip video and its very limited to what you can do to the videos. I also have been toying around with Windows Movie Maker and I'm not really impressed with that ether. Can anyone suggest any that are hopefully free  ;)
Retro Gaming and bring an old friend back to life!

toptec

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Experience Homesteading
    • Email
Re: Video Editing Software
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 06:45:10 PM »
For video editing I use AVS Video Editor ($59).  I think it is fairly easy to use, but may not be for beginners. :-\
www.experiencehomesteading.com  A self-sufficient lifestyle journey

Paul_SSA

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Safety Solutions Academy Podcast
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »
I recently started using Cyberlink Power Director 10 and I am happy with it.  I am not that worried about production quality more worried with good content.  The program was only $59 and it does the things I need it to do which is flip video shot with my iphone, layer videos, and quick editing, transitions etc.  It seems to be pretty easy to use.

I have also used iMovie way back in 98-99 and it was more powerful than windows live movie maker is now.

Over the years I have found that shooting it right is better than editing any day!

Good luck!
pc
www.SafetySolutionsAcademy.com

Safety Solutions Academy:  Saving lives through information, education and training.

IndependentJo

• Student
  • Walk with me to self sufficency.
    • View Profile
    • IndependentJo
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 07:18:11 AM »
I do all of my editing on a Mac. The workflow just works a lot better for me on OSX Lion than it does on my Windows machine. Because I am using the Mac I started my video editing with iMovie. Once I conquered iMovie I moved up to Final Cut Pro and will never look back. I freaking love Final Cut Pro!

If I do any video editing on my PC I use Sony Vegas. But like I said I do not do any editing on my Windows machine any more.

Hofpodcast

• Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »
I use Adobe Premiere on a mac - if you have never edited, you should probably go with something else.  This software is very powerful, but can be a bit picky at times.    I tried Final Cut express, but it did not work with my camera and FC Pro was not out yet..

save our skills

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Save Our Skills
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 08:20:06 AM »
On the PC i use avid/pinnacle studio.

Extremely easy to use and i've given the recommendation to others and they have always thanked me.

http://estore.pinnaclesys.com/store/avidtech/DisplayHomePage?resid=T2s0-QoBAlgAAEq8hFYAAAAf&rests=1332425981555
Save Our Skills
It is up! The Survival Channel If you have a survival or prepper blog please PM me!