July 24, 2017, 02:31:23 PM

Author Topic: Why does google choose seemingly random images?  (Read 1891 times)

Supes

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Resolution Photography
Why does google choose seemingly random images?
« on: February 22, 2013, 07:20:56 PM »
Tip first, then question. To better help my site show up on local searches, I have nearly every single picture on my website labeled "green bay senior pictures" in the alt and description tags. That has worked very nicely because I used to show up on page 2 and now I'm ranked number 3 for that specific search! So I strongly suggest trying this.

My question is why does google seem to choose such random images to display when you search for a picture? lol. And is there a way to prioritize which ones show up higher? I wouldn't post an image online if I didn't like it but some of the ones that show up in the top 30 images are kinda meh. Just curious if anyone knows why it does that.

To see what I'm talking about, type in "green bay senior pictures" on google, click on images, and some will be from my site imagesbyjilane.com They're pulled from seemingly random spots on the site and I'm confused by it. Thanks!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's impossible to verify their origin.
-Abe Lincoln
www.resolutionseniors.com