January 18, 2018, 03:32:33 PM

Author Topic: Is "5 Minutes with Jack" defunct?  (Read 2789 times)

Dynamik1

• Student
    • View Profile
Is "5 Minutes with Jack" defunct?
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
Did Jack stop doing the "5 Minutes with Jack" podcast?
I really enjoyed it!!

BillyS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Is "5 Minutes with Jack" defunct?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
Seems like it...

Supes

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Resolution Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:24:26 PM »
Yeah he mentioned it once on his other podcast. I wouldn't really care, it's just a little, um, odd to stress over and over again that you need to keep generating content and commit to it and keep at it... then he just stops. No warning. No official statement. Not even a blog post or "final episode" to let us know he stopped or in the very least is going on leave.

Dont' get me wrong, you get what you pay for and there is GREAT advise on his podcasts. It just seems a little counter to his own mantra to just stop with no warning you know?

Again, if you read this jack, nothing personal. :)
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's impossible to verify their origin.
-Abe Lincoln
www.resolutionseniors.com

ATMotorcycle

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Touring Motorcycle
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »
Not to play fanboy, but 5MWJ was just a small side project for him. In fact, I applaud him that this didn't become his main venture. There is much more money to be made selling "work from home" stuff then survival stuff, yet he stuck with his real passion.

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 11:18:50 PM »
I agree, side project.  And if you look at the survival podcast, it is a great example of consistent content and a successful site.   

There is great info online, along with the great content from 5 minutes with Jack.  Enough info to make a site successful with the time, effort and valuable content.   

Nor is that the only business model. 

Doesn't mean we can't share ideas and help each other build our own businesses.  A community is so much stronger than relying on any one person.  No one has infinite time.

As I look at kickstarter and related sites, I realize there is so much more than can be done to encourage more business start ups, especially at the local levels.   

mxitman

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • RicksDIY
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:33:45 PM »
I personally think it might have been effecting some of the people who follow or possibly work with him on TSP. Listening to the 5MWJ podcast several times over I found that much of his info is a goldmine and really helps build an audience and capturing emotions of individuals. If your a narrow minded person you might find it slightly offensive on how he and everyone else uses a system to create wealth.

I also think he had too many cookie jars and not enough hands. I hope one day he might restart it, but charge a fee...to keep it to a smaller group...
HVAC/R Mechanic, Stay At Home Dad Trying To Get Some Of My Ideas Flowing.

http://ricksdiy.com & http://heezy.com

BillyS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »
Exactly.

This advice is worth SO much more than what you paid for it.