January 18, 2018, 03:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Progress so far  (Read 1117 times)

greatnorthernprepper

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Progress so far
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:08:24 PM »
Its been awhile since i last posted, the birth of our child and life has just pretty much kept me to posting, working and playing with the baby!

Anyways, since October visit have increased 10 fold.  I was averaging about 200 a day in october, which increased to 300 in november with a spike of 1000+ two days of that week and December hit 500 a day with two spikes over 1000.  January increased to 700 and had 5 spikes over 1000 and February has brough thus far 1272 on feb 1, 1148 Feb 2, 1048 Feb 3, and 1118 Feb 4th.

The numbers jumped because i began to post everyday, i sat down when i had time and punched out numerous posts. so if i had time id do 2 or 5, depending on the day and the length of the post.  Doing this brought me on the radar of a few new aggregate sites that have since pushed my feed on theirs and that has been responsible for the big jump.  I was also put on top 50 best blog sites for my niche on one site and #7 out of 10 on another.  This was due to the fact i listened to the advice from Jack, followed my passion as well as received an IMMENSE amount of help from you all.

My google adsense is now sending me a check every month as well as amazon and linkshare revenue, enough to pay for the site for the most part, but the money over the top goes back into the site and helping promote it and give back to the readers/listeners Which im happy to do.

My other sites are fairing ok, my blackwaterjob site launched an ebook that has sold some copies, and has jumped in visitors since the last google update pushed me ahead of the crap sites that were one page and had three paragraphs and a crap toon of adsense pasted everywhere.  my water filter review site is Dead mostly because i havent touched it in 6 months, and was a experiment. Competition is too large and i cant compete without spending ALL My time doing it, and even them probably wouldnt help much without massive injections of cash into advertising.  SO i learned that!  I also started a new site that bases around a popular facebook game and it is paying for the hosting as of right now, but not much more, but that has only been up for around......3-4 weeks so im happy to be breaking even given that i spend 99% of my online work time with my main site.

Keep at it everyone, we are all hitting different benchmarks, i am very happy to be hitting the ones i am now, makes all that work seem worthwhile!

mxitman

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • RicksDIY
    • Email
Re: Progress so far
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 02:25:01 AM »
Hey That's Great! Glad to hear your getting some traffic, I had visited your site early on and now the progress is looking really good. It's hard to keep up with multiple sites as Jack has mentioned in the past specially with young ones, we have 2 under the age of 2 and I can only work on things after 9pm or before 7am...

I really like the theme and layout of the site, all the pictures really help. How does your site look on a mobile platform? Do you like working with the Genesis framework?

I just started this weekend moving over one of my sites to HG as Yahoo was killing me after they canceled my grandfathered plan. Guess there is no loyalty anymore. I still haven't figured out what theme to go with for Heezy.com, transitioning it to my business site as I have a few physical products that I'm finally releasing this year after 2 years of delays.

I'll try to keep up with the site now that I have a new laptop and Iphone...will check the mobile version tomorrow.
HVAC/R Mechanic, Stay At Home Dad Trying To Get Some Of My Ideas Flowing.

http://ricksdiy.com & http://heezy.com

greatnorthernprepper

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Progress so far
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 02:31:34 AM »
mxitman,

Sorry I havent checked back in a bit....

I do really like the Genesis Framework, I need to figure out how to edit the CSS a bit to widen the layout a bit more, but havent gotten around to it yet, just too much to do.

As far as mobile goes...its ok, what I really need to do is get a dedicated Mobile version finished, once again havent gotten aroudn to it.

The "News Child Theme" ran me $75 but i also get access to more themes as well with that purchase.  For now I love the News Child Theme, however I keep running into a fork in the road.  Do I want to make it more simple easier to access (as the amount of "stuff" that it has can give those with slower bandwith Slower load times...or do i keep all the accessibility im offered now?  Still trying to figure that out.

Overall theres a lot I need to do to the site, new pages, editing the old ones that i had typed up over a year ago and were pretty....rough.  But the time concerns regarding, School, work and raising a baby pretty much limits me to JUST keeping up with posting 3-5 times a week and not really getting into my overhaul...awww well the problems of a internet business right!