July 24, 2017, 02:40:05 PM

Author Topic: Need tekkie help with video editing software  (Read 2414 times)

tx_floods

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Need tekkie help with video editing software
« on: December 18, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, or if anyone can help me. I need help with my new computer and the video editing software that was included.

Briefly: I bought a new HP Envy dv7 laptop from Costco several weeks ago. I want to make simple home videos about my various gardening projects, edit them, and post them to youtube. The computer has two pre-installed software: 1) Cyberlink Media Suite and 2) Windows Live Movie Editor.

Both software programs behave in the same way. I begin to import and edit my movie, and the software program crashes, EVERY TIME. This happens with both software programs. I'm not making huge, multi-hour ken burns documentaries, just short home videos: Look! Here's my garlic!

I even returned the first computer to Costco and got a replacement. The same thing happens to the 2nd computer, too.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

average_guy

• Student
    • View Profile
    • WP Round Table
Re: Need tekkie help with video editing software
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 07:39:57 PM »
I just want to say I hope you figured this out.  I know it's been sitting here a while but I'm a Mac guy and really can't help you.  More moral support than anything.  Good luck.