January 16, 2018, 03:06:24 PM

Author Topic: commentluv vs. livefyre vs... other?  (Read 1246 times)

average_guy

• Student
    • View Profile
    • WP Round Table
commentluv vs. livefyre vs... other?
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:17:56 PM »
On occasion I'll be scrolling through my RSS feeds, read a post, follow the comments, and find a commenter that has another article I want to read.  I know what you're saying...  "well duh!"  It just seems like lately I've been finding better comments and material and to some extent have been seeing better comment options. 

So I want to improve such options on my own site.  I've always allowed do-follow and will be happy to do what I can to share the wealth so to speak.  I've come to the point where I'm happy with five visitors if that's five people who like my blog and I am NOT looking to drive traffic.  If that happens, great, but I don't want other backlink junkies drowning out the conversation.  What I really want is to allow those who take the time to read and put thoughtful comments to have some feedback to their own great work. 

Both livefyre and commentluv seem to have some pros and cons.  So here I am asking you, the collective brilliance that is the 5MWJ community.  What do you use and WHY?  What are the pros and cons?  What would you recommend regardless of driving traffic?  Are some of the others out there just as good or better? 

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom!

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
Re: commentluv vs. livefyre vs... other?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
I think several would work for you.  I use commentluv and you have to check the I'm not a spammer box to post, I have my settings set where I approve first comment made by any email address.  And I use a spam plugin.   

One thing I like about commentluv is seeing the recent posts others have made, esp if related.  Now if I had 30+ comments to a post, and many were starting to look spammy, looking for a link, I'd switch over to something else.

average_guy

• Student
    • View Profile
    • WP Round Table
Re: commentluv vs. livefyre vs... other?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to share you always helpful advice, Heidi.

I've already added commentluv and figure I'll give it a try for a while then try something else for a while.  Just see what works best.  I'm glad to know you're not having any problems with crap comments just for back links.  Still love to hear if anyone is using anything else that they'd care to brag about or complain about!