January 18, 2018, 03:31:12 PM

Author Topic: Member posts and mutiple uploads  (Read 1114 times)

Aaron P.

• Student
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mozartsgokart
    • View Profile
    • Cupcake Ninja
    • Email
Member posts and mutiple uploads
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »
We are looking to allow our site to allow for member registration and user submitted content.  I believe we want to use aMember to handle the users signups.  But im stumped on how to allow users to have a area to upload their own content, see stats on and comments on their posts.  I don't want to allow them back-end access to word press posts section.  Im wondering if there is a plugin to allow front end access to creating posts and uploading multiple pictures.  A good working example of this would be DeviantArt.

Any thoughts?
Exploration of confectionery delights!
http://www.cupcakeninja.net

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Re: Member posts and mutiple uploads
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:44:32 PM »
I use WP User Front end for my site CriminalProtectionZone.com. It works good. They can choose a category, add tags, and even use custom fields. It is simple to set up and use. I also use a profile builder to manage registrations.
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

Aaron P.

• Student
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mozartsgokart
    • View Profile
    • Cupcake Ninja
    • Email
Re: Member posts and mutiple uploads
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
I came across that front end plug in too.  I think what I am going to settle with is buddypress and a gallery plugin for buddy press.  Its pretty nice and makes a facebook like interface / exchange.  The only thing I need is for that author of the gallery plugin to add tags / categories.  Sure there are some CSS issues that will have to be adjusted but basically the site is functioning.

Next I have to transfer content from our blog and enter it into the buddy press layout. 
Exploration of confectionery delights!
http://www.cupcakeninja.net