January 18, 2018, 03:36:39 PM

Author Topic: Too much use of a single keyword on images?  (Read 954 times)

Supes

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Resolution Photography
Too much use of a single keyword on images?
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
Is there a downside to using the same keyword phrase as a title or description tag on images? I'm a photographer and most of what my site contains is pictures so my best bet for getting in keywords is through that route. Is there a negative to using a single phrase over and over?

Example, I have a slideshow on my main page where i have the description and alt tag of all 27 images to either be "green bay senior pictures" or "marinette senior pictures" since those are the two searches that will get me the best local traffic for my business. I've tried searching about this and most of the info I could get said not to overload a page with tons of different keywords, I could find nothing that referred to using alt tags repetitively on two phrases.

If someone knows the answer, I'd love to hear it. If you know where to point me to find out, that's great too. I will be doing a major update to my site in the next few weeks and would like to obviously have it right BEFORE  I spend 8-10 hours uploading pictures and making new pages. Thanks guys!

If it helps, imagesbyjilane.com is the site, it's wordpressed based too. Thanks again!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's impossible to verify their origin.
-Abe Lincoln
www.resolutionseniors.com