January 16, 2018, 03:14:33 PM

Author Topic: Weekly Progress Since Starting to Post 5 times a Week  (Read 1395 times)

Roman Castro

• Student
    • View Profile
    • SpearoBlog - The Spearfishing Blog
    • Email
Weekly Progress Since Starting to Post 5 times a Week
« on: November 16, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »
Ok this week was not easy but not as hard as I thought it would be.

I had no trouble coming up with post ideas but I did have trouble getting them done. It was taking me close to 3 hours per post. Crazy I know. My goal is to knock these out in about 15 minutes. To be clear I mean 15 minutes to write the post not counting making the photos or videos that will go into it.

I started last Thursday night by writing and scheduling a post for Friday. I'm basically writing each post a day before it is published. After work, I get home and work on the next day's post while watching tv. Between interruptions from my wife and distractions from the tv I realized this is why it took me so long to get these posts done. By the time I realized it was already Wednesday. On Wednesday I left the tv off and asked my wife to give me an hour with out interruptions. She agreed. Well in that hour I was able to come up with a post idea, get the post written, take a few photos for the post, and schedule it to publish in 45min. I used the extra 15 minutes to send out an invoice to the latest business portrait customer of my photography business.

Although it has been said before, the lesson I learned this week is to schedule time to focus on writing my posts.

Woo hoo! 6 posts in a row AND counting!
Roman Castro
I run SpearoBlog.com and RomanCastro.com

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Re: Weekly Progress Since Starting to Post 5 times a Week
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
That's great. I've been posting 6 a week for about 11 months. I miss
 a day on occasion, but not often. I've went from about 3 hours for a 500 word article to around an hour on a 3-400 word article. The more you write the quicker and better you will get.

Keep up the good work.
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

Roman Castro

• Student
    • View Profile
    • SpearoBlog - The Spearfishing Blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:26:58 AM »
Hi ya'll!

It's been a while and I stopped posting soon after our first baby boy Aaron was born. Now that we are getting more sleep I'm gearing up to start posting 5 times a week again.

Still seeing benefits from the daily posting I was doing.
Roman Castro
I run SpearoBlog.com and RomanCastro.com

mxitman

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • RicksDIY
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:16 PM »
Congrats on your Boy, we just had our 2nd and now that he's about 3 months I can finally get back into the swing of it. I wish I could post that often...i'm mostly doing just videos right now but even with the raw video, by the time I edit, create the post, upload and set all the SEO stuff I'm about 1.5 hrs for each one...sometimes longer...
HVAC/R Mechanic, Stay At Home Dad Trying To Get Some Of My Ideas Flowing.

http://ricksdiy.com & http://heezy.com