January 21, 2018, 07:59:54 PM

Author Topic: A review would be great. Thanks for your help  (Read 1341 times)

Roman Castro

• Student
    • View Profile
    • SpearoBlog - The Spearfishing Blog
    • Email
A review would be great. Thanks for your help
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:35:57 PM »
Hello 100Kers,

I would really appreciate a quick overview of my Spearfishing Blog to make sure I'm on the right track. I'm going to start pumping out 5 posts a week and I need your help with anything you think would make it a better experience for my audience.

Again, thank you for your time.
Roman Castro
I run SpearoBlog.com and RomanCastro.com

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
Re: A review would be great. Thanks for your help
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
lol, I see the link to your site now.  Not sure how I missed it before.

You've done a great job setting up your site.  It looks nice and great content, interacting with your audience.  Not too many categories, images labeled helps build your brand, sharp video.  Great example of a blog done well.

Roman Castro

• Student
    • View Profile
    • SpearoBlog - The Spearfishing Blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »
lol, I see the link to your site now.  Not sure how I missed it before.

You've done a great job setting up your site.  It looks nice and great content, interacting with your audience.  Not too many categories, images labeled helps build your brand, sharp video.  Great example of a blog done well.

Thanks for taking the time to review my site. I'm thinking about adding a video introduction to the About page and will be back to see what you think.
Roman Castro
I run SpearoBlog.com and RomanCastro.com

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 06:44:28 PM »
Ok, I almost didn't see your about page.  I was looking all over for it, had scrolled down some before I looked for it, and thus missed it.  You could add a links to the about and advertise pages to the bottom in place of the powered by wordpress, etc.   If I want to contact a site owner and not seeing any obvious way, I scroll down to the bottom.

First thing I'd do is turn "read the Starting Out posts" into a text link.  http://www.spearoblog.com/category/starting-out/  and the same with the other topics you mention.  Save your reader time searching for them.  And the text links don't hurt your seo any. 

Space for a video introduction.  I get so I like those.  Some people like videos other simply want to read the text, so any critical info should be both places.

Your advertising page is very clear and easy to follow, answers many questions before they contact you.